Skip to main content

Some ADJ fixtures have optional angle lenses. You really should stick with ADJ parts.

Personally, I own 4 of the Chauvet Intimidator Colors, which are what the 1.0's are based on. I'm not here to slam Chauvet, but I've had ongoing problems with my set of 4 due to multiple issues I won't go into here so ADJ doesn't have to worry about legal stuff.

But, back to the point: The Intimidator series are intended to be wash lights. Maybe Serra Ava can address this better than I can, but I would think that some lenses work better for was than as a spot-type function. A wider angle would certainly cause a light to lose some of it's "spot" function and turn more into a wash-type fixture.

While I don't recommend swapping parts, if it's not electrical(say, a lens or a gobo, but not a color or gobo wheel as those are mechanical and might not be set the same) and it fits, then chances are it can can work. It comes down to should you vs. Can you.

ADJ and/or Elation makes some moving head wash fixtures if you want a pre-made solution that will probably actually work better than what you're suggesting mainy since it is feature built to be a wash fixture.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.