Skip to main content

I picked up a couple of the new 250EX Scanners. When I got down to programming them, I noticed that both the Pan and Tilt motors move in a "glitching" motion in that they jump in tiny amounts to complete the range of motion that is programmed. I wanted to see if anyone else who owns the lights or you guys, the tech supports, know anything about this. Are the lights made with just perhaps mediocre micro stepping motors or am I facing problems with my lights. I would get it if just one did it, but they both do it identically.

I hooked up a pair of Chauvet Intimidator 2.0 Scanners and had absolutely no problem with those, so I know it's not a data or user error.

Let me know what yall think.

Thanks
Original Post
The same thing happens with the new tri series led lights. Somewhat disappointing, but still livable. Apparently, the motors have less coils than a "smooth" motor and they have a noticeable jump between steps....another possibility is they are 8 bit and not the more precise 16 bit (although I have gotten smoother movement from 8 bit before).

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.