Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Get the DJScan250! Its so much better in person. They had two in the Guitar Center I went to, hooked up to a show designer, and the pan/tilt is soooo smooth, not choppy like the DJScan/roller. Its bright, has some pretty kick @$$ gobo's too. And the goboshake thing they do looks great!!! Big Grin Big Grin
In correction of the above metioned post, the Pocket Scan is much smoother than the DJ Scan 250. He compared it to the old DJ Scan. But you wanted it compared to the Pocket Scan right? The DJ Scan 250 is much brighter, but the operation, and color options make the Pocket Scan a much more professional looking light in my opinion. I would consider how bright you want your set in your decision as well, being that neither of the two lights dimmable.
i know this is an old thread, but i figured i would post a reply anyway. i recently purchased 4 dj scan 250's. i loved the light, very powerful, nice clean colors and cool gobo/shake etc. however, people saying the motors have been updated are a bit mistaken. they might have been improved a bit compared to the earlier dj scan, but they are still extremely choppy. i must confess, i had only seen the lights in superfast mode at the store, bought some, ran home, plugged em all up and then felt my heart sink when i tried to run a chase with em. fade time barely affects them, and when it does, its just CHOP CHOP CHOP. lets say a 5 second pan from left to right, instead of being smooth, has 4-6 movements in between, extremely jerky. i know you cant expect to have it all with such a wonderfully priced light, but for anyone who is looking to do slow pan and scans, they will not cut the cake. other than that, they are incredible i think. i returned 2 of them, bought 3 pocket scans, and now have the 250's each on the outside of the L and R T-bar. they pack a serious punch for fast chases, extreme color and brightness for sure.
Go with the Scantrons. I have two of these and the dance floor goes crazy when I turn them on.
I have just purchased a DMX controller and I will buy two more Scantrons soon. However if you got the funds go with the Concept's. These lights have a smooth operation and more gobo's. I wish I had the money for some. Cool

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.