Skip to main content

I have recently purchased 2 dj scan 250 lights and an operator II controller. The lights seem to work fine on their own, but when I connect them to the operator II controller the lights will change color or move the mirror then go back to the position or color that was previously selected. This erratic behavior will reoccur every 5 or 10 seconds. I have tried a terminator on the end of the cable. That did not help. I tried different dmx addresses. That did not help. I do have the polarity switch on the back of the controller set correct.
Please help.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I did call American dj tech support. They told me they have never heard of this problem. I then called the store where I bought this equipment they suggested I buy new cables. I bought new cables and I still have the same problem. I am beginning to think these two product are incompatible. Is anyone using these lights with a controller? If so what controller will work?
Well I am still boggled thanks for the suggestions. I have tried everything including sending back the controller and getting another brand controller. The new controller is really almost identical to the first one only it's another brand. I still can't use my lights. I can't believe I can experience the same problem with two different controllers and no one else has ever had this problem. I was almost convinced it was the controller until I hooked up another brand light to it and the other brand worked fine. I would switch brands of lights except I need the large spot that the dj scan 250s have.
Well folks it wasn't easy but I finally got my lights working. After trying several controllers that are very similar I have come to the conclusion that the dj scan 250s and the operator II do not work properly with each other. I have an older microplex controller that I ordered a dmx upgrade to and got the lights do do what I tell them without any glitches. This older controller only has 16 channels which may be a problem in the future but at least for now I know I can use 4 dj scan 250s with it. Thanks for all your suggestions. I was very happy that I did get a lot of response to my problems. Maybe this will help someone else.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.