Skip to main content

Hi I just received a Dimmer Pack DP-DMX20L shipped to me by mistake instead of Power Pack PP-DMX20L. I am using the power pack to hook up the Electra 250 and use it as a on/off switch through the DMX Operator 192.

I am wondering if I can do the same with the Dimmer Pack instead. So either slider 0 or 100 instead of using the dimmer which is anywhere between 0 to 100. So in a sense I just hook up the DP to one fixture on the controller and set it to 100. Evrytime I want to turn on the lights, I just turn on the fixture no assigned to the dimmer pack, and turn off the lights by pushing the fixture button again.

If not I have to return the dimmer pack and wait for the power pack to come.

Can anyone let me know?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

The latest model of the DP-DMX20L has the option to be used as a dimmer or power pack. You can switch each individual channel to work in either of the two modes.

Search through the menu and it will read
C1 - d or s
C2 - d or s
C3 - d or s
C4 - d or s

*d = dim
*s = switch

Send me a private message with your serial number and I'll tell you which model you have
GRRR!!!

I just bought 2 other power packs, otherwise identical to the DP-20DMXL's. I won't mention brands, but it was half the cost, and had those new features in it as well.

Too bad it's not just as simple as a firmware update. Regardless, way to go, ADJ! Having that feature in there brings much needed flexibility to that product line. Really, you can kill off the PP-20DMXL model since the DP-unit can do both fuctions. That feature makes it easier to configure trusses of lights.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.