Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I have 4 scan 250's. They go into standby automatically after about 10 seconds of no dmx signal. If you have the addressing wrong, or no signal is sent on that channel, that is what will happen. However, I had problems with all four of my snac 250's which I made modification for. There are 2 screw down conectors on the relay board that burnt up on 2 of 4 of mine, causing them to quit lighting. I unsoldered them and soldered the wires directly to the relay board. That was 2 years ago, and they work every time. I do have to say that these fixtures otherwise are some of the best bang for the buck, and you can't go wrong with American DJ. I will say that if these are under warranty, I would contact ADJ before making any mods. I am schooled in electronics, therefore I felt comfortable troubleshooting and repairing my own. Cheers!
Oh, one more thing... these scans use a really good lamp base. But, mine had to be tweaked a little bit as the lamps were a little loose fitting in the socket, and would burn the leg of the lamp. This is one of the drawbacks to halogen lighting. I can never seem to get the life out of the elc lamps in particular, as the sockets used for those lamps just don't seem to be up to the task, and cause the legs to burn off of the lamp before the life of the bulb is used. Not so with this one though, if you do this... take the screws out of the base that go through the clamping connectors. Remove the loose half and clean up any burning that may have occured. Using small pliers (2 pairs), bend the loose pice ever so slightly, so that it can clamp down harder on the leg when the lamp is pushed in. When I got mine, the lamp was pretty loose fitting in the base. Now, it takes a little effort to push the lamp in, but it is secure, and the clamping force helps to keep the legs from burning. I have gone these last 3 years, and have only replaced 2 bulbs, and I use the lights a lot. Before I did this, once in a while the lamp would not fire until you pulled it out and pushed it back in. But, like I said, for the money, this is one solid fixture. I hope ADJ doesn't pull the Deluxe scan off the market. I want at least 4 more of them before I get done buying. At this point I have 4 of them, 2 of one of the other guys pieces of crap, and 4 other changers plagued with lamp base troubles (Chau****). Kill these 2 little issues if you have them, and you will have a road worthy fixture. they're pretty darn tough.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.