Skip to main content

Hello, I recently bought the MCD-810 and was like more excited then anyone could imagine...The problems only started as the night carried on. When using "Audio CDs" if the AUTOBPM counter was enabled, it would jump frames every now and then...(EX: instead of "Take me Higher" it was more like "Take e higher")
Then also in "Audio CD" mode when it would find either a skip or scratch, it wouldn't just skip...it continued to multiply the skip sound for up to 5 seconds before it continued the song.

Finally in "Audio CD" mode again....it looped a section of a song i was playing, even though the in/out buttons weren't active...the song just looped a certain spot. So totally humiliated I quickly switched back to the left deck....found another song to play on the right, with yet another "audio CD" and again...it started skipping. So by this point I was furious...and I'm about to return it, unless no one else has had similar problems. Other than this, which is HUGE... the unit played mp3's very well, the Master tempo worked for both audio cd's and mp3s. Also the scratch button was a higher quality than most. But for a retail price of $800....I was very upset to find out how many problems surfaced on the first day I used it live. Reluctantly I went back to using "Traktor DJ" on my PC and the night moved forward.

If there is anyone out there who can relate, please let me know...if not...maybe I just bought a defective unit. Also just for the record, I had problems in "audio CD" mode using both CDR's and regular cds.

Thanks again,

Jason
Original Post

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.