Skip to main content

2 weeks ago I bought a ADJ Deco 250 to try out. Great light! However, after it's first use, it quit working. I determined that it was a bulb issue. It uses a 250w reflector bulb that has a ceramic type plug. The ceramic crumbled thus making the prongs loose contact. I ordered two new bulbs and the unit tested fine. That was a week ago. This past Friday night was the first show since it's repair. At saturday night's show the light would not work.

It's got so be somthing frying the bulb! Anyone had any issues with this?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Have you looked at the voltage rating on the bulb? If it is rated too low, life expectancy is greatly shortened. Also if it is rated for DC and you are replacing it with an AC bulb or vice versa, it would die real quick.

To put it simple, are you replacing the bulb with the MFG's equipment?
i am a tech, today i get 3 scantron to service , the owner haythe same problem blown the bulb alot , he say is bronken and get it richtthe bulb dealer.
but the fixture work fine all voltage are good too, someone say low cality bulbs, change the bulbs dealer. i realy dont know.
i think let the fixture rest more time ( more ciclos), butthe others whitwork all time ,( ex. 7 houres cont party); the next weekend i work , making somo ligthing shows in a 15 hours party. i know all bulb are gona be dead.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.