Skip to main content

Hey gang...I stumbled across this site b/c I'm looking for some relatively inexpensive lights for my back yard when I have parties just to crank it up a notch. I have a 15 by 15 patio that I want to light for some dancing to be done and I was wondering how well these Color Pod 250's hold up. I'm thinking about getting 2 of them for my parties. Do you recommend these? I plan on getting a little Fog machine as well for a little added effect but what caught my eye about the color pod 250 is it seems strong enough to use with out Fog. However I like the fog and will be using it anyway. Smiler So any feed back would be great. Thanks in advance.
Jason
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

looks good. should be a nice light for ur parties. on a side note since u have two of em u will be using a total of 500 watts at 120 volts so that would be using appox. 4 amps of power plus what ever ur fog machine uses for power. most breakers can only handle about 15 amps at full load so tyr to stay under that on ur breaker for the circuit ur lights and fog and ur stereo will be on and u should be good to go. peace! have fun. welcome to the forums. sincerely jingles!
jingles...thanks so much for the quick reply. Smiler However since my post I came across the DJ Rover LED Moonflower that I may like a little bit better b/c of it's ability to have the beams bounce instead of one fixed position like the Color Pods. Do these draw more power then the color pods? And if so is there a breaker or power strip that would help me so my breaker doesn't pop? FYI I do have to the option to pug each light into a different outlet to avoid that problem if you think that will help? Nothing worse then the lights going out durring a good groove ya know.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.