Skip to main content

I have three pinspots that were in the library in the 2010 version on MyDMX, but I could not get them to respond to the program, so I loaded the June 2011 version of My DMX, and the light was not in the library. Has this light been dropped? I want to put them in my chain, but dont want to waste the space if they will not be supported.
thx
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Are these just basic pinspots or are they DMX pinspots?

I don't follow the Chauvet line closely so I don't know what you are exactly asking.

Worse case is take the profile from the previous build and place it into the Chauvet folder in the Library directory. If you're already in MyDMX, exit and reload and it should be available.

Also, keep in mind American DJ offers downloads of profiles by specific vendors on the MyDMX product page. Jingles also busts his butt making profiles for pretty much everything else that's been overlooked and provides links for people to get to those as well. So, just because you don't see it doesn't mean it isn't supported.

Move the profile over and you'll be good.
They are the 5 ch DMX pinspots. I could not get them to respond with the October program, so I downloaded the June update, and the light was not listed. I tried the suggested dip switch settings on MyDMX and also the dip switch settings from Chauvet (which were different),no luck, Frowner I guess I will just play with the switches and see if I can get any reaction.
thx
The file path your copying too is C:\myDMX\ScanLibrary\Chauvet right? Also the file is a ssl file type and not ssl2? It works pefectly fine on mine when i am in the Set up tab and i drag and drop the file into the dmx grid. Also make sure even a small part of it is not overlapping any other profiles. Perhaps post a screen shot?
Sincerely,
Somehow it decided to work,(go figure). Big Grin
I reloaded the program and reloaded the profile for the lights, and sucess.
The dip swithces are upside down, that was part of the problem, also, Chauvet indicates that #10 be turned on in DMX, and MyDMX does not indicate that.
Problem solved, thanks for everyones help
Most addressing DIP switches, the addressing conventions of the 10 position switches is pretty much standardized, including the Switch 10 position.. However, silly things like "backwards switch polarity" stuff is just a nuisance that affects some brands more than others. You just learn to accept it because there's really nothing you can do about it except accept it.

With certain Chauvet fixtures, or any other brand that uses the DIP switch polarity reversed, just follow the positions in MyDMX OPPOSITE what it shows. I think that function mainly track adresses anways, which are what positions 1-9 are for.

If you need a stand alone utility, the one by Elation is free, small and works fine as well. Regardess of what brand of light you use, if it has DIP switches, it will tell you the address positions needed to get whatever address you need. So, I recommend it for not only anyone, but everyone who does lighting.

But, the bottom line is in the end, things are working. That's good. Enjoy and have fun!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.