Skip to main content

Hi i've been having problems with my CDI500 deck and Q D5 mixer.

Firstly the QD5, on the right channel of the mixer, the Treble (hi) of the EQ does not work, as in when i twist the rotary theres no change at all, it's completely missing. If i try to cut off both the Bass and mids using the kill buttons, the music will be cut off altogether since theres no treble. Sometimes randomly the treble will come back and everythings perfect. Is this a common problem with mixers? possible solutions?

with the CDI 500, sometimes the cd will randomly stop and get stuck, i can't play or eject it, it will just flash the word "Read" on the LCD. If i press eject it will flash "Open" trying to open it but then just go back to "read" again and nothing happens. I'll then have to turn the power off at the back and back on again and everything is fine. This also happens often when i try to use effects or just press some of the buttons on the CDI 500.

I'm from sydney and the warranty on my setup is invalid so before i go to get charged money to repair them i might just ask about my problem on this forum to see if anyone has encountered such problems or have solutions

cheers

edit: also anyone know about any posibble firmware to fix bugs/problems for the CDI500s
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi, I'm from italy and I got cdi500 and qd5 like u.
I suggest you to try repair the cdi500 just by resetting his memory, so u have to do just this:
turn clockwise the search knob and hold it, than turn on the cdi500, so u can now leave the knob and so u have resetted the memory.
(I don't remember if the way to turn of is clockwise or un-clockwise, but it doesent matter becouse if you turn it in the other way it will appear just the firmware version on the screen.

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW TOO IF THERE IS A FIRMWARE UPDATE FOR CDI500.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.