Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

the vms has always been working with timecode systems, since the mixer part is analog.

this is an outstanding feature of the vms, IMHO, and what - personally - convinced me the most.

however, compared to traktor scratch pro, ssl has a less versatile midi mapping, (e.g. the jogwheels cannot be mapped, you can't program macros neither does it have modifiers).

generally spoken, you can use the vms mixer part with any timecode based system, you can even drop the computer and purely play normal vinyls, since it has phono ins.

how good the midi part is implemented is depending on the software you use.

hope this helps! Smiler
hm, i dont feel so...

with the vms, you have also as a timecode user the additional controls that the digital world gives right there where you need them: at the mixer. Smiler

so far i had to setup the soundcard (audio 8 in my case) anyways with a mixer, plus hooking up some midi controller - not always easy to find a place to put it somewhere. but then the midi controller is usually far away from the mixer, next to turntables and computer.

i like the hybrid idea totally and i've been waiting for such a piece of equipment for quite some time...

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.