Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I've done this. You'll need to order the ibeam itself, which should come with the mounting hardware you need. Confirm this with sales or service before you order.

Personally, the whole thing tends to droop at this length. It's not a poor design, it's just a matter of tensile strength across that many pieces. Ideally, for larger spans, it is smarter to go with square or triangle truss. If you're not hanging a whole lot of lights, then a 3-span i-beam truss is OK.
Thanks for the responses and insight, guys. I really appreciate it. I don't have alot of lights, so hopefully sag will not be such an issue. I'll mount 8 par38's, an H2O LED, and a lightweight projector across 15 feet. I'll be ordering another!

I like the Majestic LED, too; it's on my list with another H2O LED. That should give us enough light show for our little ol' rockin' band. I have to admit, though, the lights that are available are great, and it is abit addictive.
On my 15-foot i-beam truss, I've hung at the same time: 8 par38's, Mystic, Sunray III, Electra, Rover II, BarrelFlex, Reflex, 2 other "high-tech FX", an 8" mirror ball with motor and 4 Par36's, plus dimmer and switcher packs as applicable, with wiring.

Going LED might save you on weight, but sure ain't going to save you money. Given the choice, I'd save the weight and maintenance issues, which nullifies the money issue.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.