Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

r u talkin about using a bulb that isn't the same type as adj prefers u use? well the difference in brightness is cause ur accu spots have a brighter bulb than that of the dj spot 250's. cause one is halogen and one is MSD. try looking at some phillips light bulbs for ur dj spot. also do u have the newer djspots that have the upgraded reflector system to increse lamp out put by like 40% if i remember correctly. how old are the 14 dj spots u got? jingles! Big Grin
My 14 DJ Spots have been purchased at different times over the last year from Guitar Center. I've never heard of an upgrade reflector so I'll assume mine already has it. I understand that I cannot put an MSD bulb inside (although that would be nice since I have 4 extra MSD bulbs sitting next to me) but I was wanting to know if there was maybe a bulb with more watts or just a different manuf. that anyone has experimented with. Thanks
Most fixtures are designed around the lamp/bulb that they already use. Anything more powerful (more wattage) can negatively impact a fixture (ie: blow fuses, melt components, overheat the unit, etc). The increased power draw will exceed the limits engineered into the fixture.

I could only recommend trying different manufacturers of the 250 watt lamps the fixtures use. I would not try a lamp with an increased wattage over 250 watts for the reasons listed above.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.