Skip to main content

First off if this is in the wrong section...my bad, just move it into the right one. I know im am going to need hundreds of cd-r to get my collection growing from my hard drive to cd-r and I want the best quality cd-r so I dont have to throw away spindles of useless cd-rs. I have done research (specifically in this section of these forums) and now now that I have to burn at a low speed 1x-4x and use high quality disks to get good results. I was wondering if anyone had any use with taiyo yuden cd-rs and if they are a good brand to buy? Your imput is appreciated
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Im thinking to buy a couple of 5 packs of some good brands that i've heard from these forums and put them to the test then choose the best one that are error free, because some people say sonys others say maxell memorex and other brands and i think ill get better results if i test them myself. None the less thanks for the imput guys.
Good ideal. My only input is, I started burning on a stand alone phillips burner about 7-8years ago. 1/2 the CD's I burned where Ricoh Gold Dye, the other half were green dye Memorex. They both worked great when they were new, but what happened after about 3 years the Memorex, started getting what people call "laser rot". They became unplayable in any CD player. What happens is the blue/green dye's break down faster especially if they are submitted to brutal extreme temperatures. Like being in your car on a hot summer day. The gold dye seems more resistant to that type of abuse.
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Stevie Ray:
[qb] Good ideal. My only input is, I started burning on a stand alone phillips burner about 7-8years ago. 1/2 the CD's I burned where Ricoh Gold Dye, the other half were green dye Memorex. They both worked great when they were new, but what happened after about 3 years the Memorex, started getting what people call "laser rot". They became unplayable in any CD player. What happens is the blue/green dye's break down faster especially if they are submitted to brutal extreme temperatures. Like being in your car on a hot summer day. The gold dye seems more resistant to that type of abuse. [/qb]
Thanks for the heads up

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.