Skip to main content

Hot Singles!
Two New Single CD Players From American Audio
Will Turn On The FX Or Satisfy More Basic Instinct

LOS ANGELES � DJs and remixers who prefer a single CD player now have some great new options to choose from -- whether they�re into scratching and digital effects, or just want a top-quality basic professional deck. American Audio has come out with two new front-load professional single CD players � the CDI 500 and CDI 300 � both of which are priced very affordably and are equally well suited for mobile, club or studio use.

The CDI 500 is the ideal choice for digital turntablists who like to spice up their tracks with special effects. It features 9 onboard digital FX, including accurate digital scratching. The CDI 300 is a more basic model, yet it comes well-equipped with all the popular features today�s DJs and remixers demand, such as Sampling, Tempo Lock (Master Tempo), Fader Q Start and much more.

�There are many pros out there who like to work with single CD players,� said Alfred Gonzales, sales manager for American Audio. We introduced the CDI 500 and CDI 300 to meet the needs of these users. These high-quality professional units offer the same types of features, technology, reliability and value as our dual CD players, but in a single deck model.�

Here is a closer look at the CDI 500 and CDI 300 Single CD Players:

CDI 500 � A true �digital instrument,� the CDI 500 is loaded with cutting-edge tools for manipulating sounds, samples and tracks on the fly. It features American Audio�s patent-pending Dual �Power Touch� interactive Jog Wheel system, which provides complete accuracy in Digital Scratching. The jog wheels offer two modes of scratching: Digital Scratch; and Beat Juggle Mode for instant return to a set cue point when the platter is touched.

In addition to Digital Scratching, the CDI 500 is equipped with 8 other onboard digital FX -- Filter, Echo, Trans, Skid, Phase, Flanger, Pan and Bop � all of which can be layered over one another to create a virtually infinite palette of sounds. Each of the FX comes with 6 Preset Parameter settings, and can also be customized using the CDI 500�s Parameter Time and Ratio knobs. There�s also a convenient Digital B.P.M. Counter for keeping the FX in sync with the music.

Another feature that users will appreciate is a large, bright LCD Display that provides vital information at a glance. Included on the LCD Display is an all-new Visual Marker, which shows exactly where a disc is playing, as well as a Track Indicator, Total/Remain Time, Pitch/BPM Meter, Play/Pause/Cue Indicator, Single/Loop and more.

The CDI 500 also has 4 Flash Start Sampler Buttons, each of which can store up to a 5-second sample for instant playback with or without a CD in the drive. Other features include: Tempo Lock (Master Tempo); Seamless Loop; Reverse Play; True Instant Start; Anti-Shock Memory; and Fader Q Start (when used with compatible American Audio Q-Series Mixers).

For a single CD player with digital FX and so many other features, the CDI 500 is priced very affordably. The suggested retail price of the CDI 500 is $499.95.

CDI 300 � DJs and remixers looking for a basic professional single CD player with all the essential features won�t find one with better quality and value than the CDI 300. Sturdy and reliable, the CDI 300 includes such must-haves as Sampling and Fader Q Start (when used with compatible American Audio Q-Series Mixers). Cue points and samples can be instantly recalled, using the unit�s 4 Flash Start Sampler Buttons, which can store up to 5-second samples each.

The CDI 300 also features Seamless Loop, Tempo Lock (Master Tempo), Digital Output (S/PDIF), and Anti-Shock Memory (10 seconds). It provides a range of +4%, +8%, +16% and up to +100% �Hyper� Pitch Control.

The suggested retail price of the CDI 300 is $399.95.

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

PS2' got a better layout, better jog wheel, and slot load of course....

still ps2 is the best player....

that's why these are cheaper!

anyway they're nice players w/ beatmatched effects... a lil advantage, not needed though if u know ur stuff... good alternative for the $$$ challenged Wink
I like them for the effects. And the price seems pretty good. Hey DJ Stevie Ray, that sounds cool. I would like to check those decks out, but were is Lehighton? Let me know. Big Grin

Also is American Dj coming out with any new mixers? I would love to see a 3 channel rotory house mixer Big Grin
Like I said, I just got my PS2s (less than a year old). I won't be in the market to upgrade until at least the end of this year/next year. I can't justify it just yet.

I do still want to get my hands on them and try them out though. Hopefully the local shop will have them in soon.
It just seems only some of the customer inputs were applied on this player. I agree it is just too soon for me to upgrade the PS2. Especially since they didn't come out with a black version(yet maybe) and the jog wheel is still the same size. I would like to see the players the same size as a qmx-2 with all those features. The same look of the ps2 jog wheel (steel)and a little bigger. Bigger is sometimes better. It kinda looks like the axes series by NewMk. Maybe I thought I was ready for the next thing and I just am not ready to let go of the PS2's. But making the players stand out and more original should have been something to consider. Roll Eyes
After looking some more at the picture it looks as though the whole idea is from NewMk. The buttons are all small as heck and the blue mono tone LCD. The all plastic look of the jog wheel. The thinner pitch control slide, along with moving it up higher on the player. I'm getting worried about the designer. Are these the same folks doing it as before? Well I will give them a spin in the local GC. Hopefully all my worries will be put to rest. Wink
Hey guys,
Look at it more like the CDJ-1000 then release of the CDJ-800. The PS2 is the flagship, The CDI-500 in my opinion. Is basically the same player, with a couple of new features added, but the PS2 is still the crovvn jewel. IMHO I like the upgraded features, but I would have changed some things for the appearence myself.
1st of all Slot in CD transports.
2nd black,
3rd now with the new design there is alot more room around the jog wheel, I would have made the wheel an inch or two larger.
I would have also prefered the pitch slider more in its old position, and the play button in the lower left corner instead of the eject button. I think I might play around and post my own design sometime.
Guys chill, I told you there wouldn't be any PS3 and I wasn't kidding. . . . This is just a little something for the interim, you'll notice they both use tray mechanisms as opposed to slot load drives, it's just something different. . . Now for the next player, stay tuned. . . . .I can tell you one thing and one thing only . . . not till next year.
Next Freakin Year....... Mad Eeker I guess with that said we have plenty of time to save and see if it's what we've been cryin for.....or what I've been cryin for Cool
Stevie just put it out there too......1. black player 2. larger jog wheel, 3. PS2 style (steel) jog wheel 4. original lower position of the pitch slider 5. beat synced efx's 6. bpm counter 7. the cd player size the same as the qmx-2. 8. better heat distribution to reduce freezing of the player.
With those things going on you can be guareentee I will have a set to rave about. I hope it is worth the wait. Until then my PS2's will get worn the heck out. I have them here in Japan right now...please believe that. Cool
quote:
"I have been at Abracadabra on the Retail level since last April, and have been in close contact and dealing with the store for nearly 10 years. . . .now I'm back at Abracadabra and Idjnow.com on the web/mail order side"
I thought that meant the web thingy was a promotion.
Redd,
You are exactly right, as I tried to explain before. These players are loaded with features at a great price point. They are aimed more for people who want to try out digital turntables, but don't have alot of extra money to shell out. As far as a case. I don't have the dimensions yet, but they appear to be simliliar in size to the Pro-Scratches, maybe a hair wider.
OK.. i see many of you are puzzled with the new CDI 500..

Please go ahead and ask me any question you want about this unit.. I have personally played with this unit for hours, and i know exactly how it performs.

So please ask me the questions you guys really want to know the most.. I'll be more then happy to help you out ! Wink
Yeah its basically a ps2, I hope when I try it that the buttons are more reliable the ps2's looping section wasnt reliable for on the fly looping, the platter doesnt have the painful coils on it so perhaps this will be softer on the hands, in the next model it be nice to see finer pitch incriments, the reverb effect, and a larger platter.

Im gonna try this and the axis 9 out and see what I perfer, the black paint job is a lot better imo than silver so well done on that and the blue display.
"basically" . . . except it adds a visual indicator, the wheel is a lot easier to grip as it has a better design. . . and it's tray load as opposed to slot load. . . you won't be disappointed by the feel. . . I believe it will also be black and not silver as the original images were shown.
2.0 scratching on the CDI300 vs the 2.0 scratching and touch sensitive on the CDI500....whats the difference....(one uses touch sensitive and the other doesnt??)...but if they're both 2.0 ...does the scratching on both decks feel,sound the same??...or is the 300 like the ps1??.....juss wondering....

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.