2x Revo Raves
2X Revo 4's
3x Fusion Tri FX Bars

i already own 2 Raves, 1 Revo 4, 1 Galaxian 3D
and was gonna buy 2x Mega Bar 50's or 2x Mega Panels for my stands side arms

BUT,
i think i've changed my mind after this video
these Tri FX bar are awesome !!!
and i can't see neither the Mega Bars nor the Mega Panels touching these Fusions :-)

ADJ should put this video on their site...really
this is how a Demo video should be
and with great, pumping music like this ;-)

check it out guys/gals:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...ature=related&fmt=18

see the whole vid as it gets better
and please post your comments !!!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I think the Fusions are some pretty cool fixtures, putting a lot into a small package. Less to set, less to strike, less to lug and cheaper than buying dedicated purpose-built fixtures. What's not to like about them?

However, for my line of work(because I'm not a DJ), they have no interest for me.
Chris,

as i have on my T bar on 1 stand:

2x Revo Raves (1 on each end)
1x Revo 4
1x Galaxian 3D

and am now looking for 2 lights for my 2 sidearms...

i THINK these Fusion Tri FX Bars will be LOTS more stage/dance floor light than Mega50's or Mega Panels...

your thoughts on my mobile light setup?

Mega 50, Mega Panel, Fusion Tri FX, ???

or something else maybe ?? :-)

thanks again Chris for your input
Sorry, I can't offer you any insight on your lighting.

All I will say is that the Revos are an item of interest to me. Having seen an older one, I like the effect, especially when used with heavy fog. Way cool effect. But for the rave I do, they couldn't give 2 craps about the lighting for the most part, so I can basically get away with almost anything and they'll be pleased.

You and I do different stuff. I am a sound production company that does lighting, and washes are more my thing. Your comments about the Mega Bar 50 and Mega Panels is really true for you, as I don't think they are necessarily a great dance floor light. Wash light? Sure? Uplight? Sure? Dance light? Well, if I had to pick from the 2, the sound active mode on the Mega Panel is cooler so I'd go that route if I had to make a choice.

Adding the Fusion Tri FX? Really? I can't see how you'd go wrong with those. LED color-mixing pin spots and an R/G/B wash zones? Heck, just a pair of these aimed outwards with haze or fog and the pinspots going would look killer. Add some motion with the LED banks and you'd be creating some movement and other color.

Alone, the Revos add a fair amouint of motion. I won't commend much on the Galaxian 3D because I don't have any lasers, but I'm sure the variety keeps your crowds happy.

I think then maybe adding a Mega Panel on the pole running sound active because it will be doing up to 8 different things at once.

I also think adding a second stand and spreading things out a little might be cool as well. Fusion Tri FX and a Revo Rave on each side might be cool. Fortunately, upgrades like this won't be very expensive.

I think the Mega Bar 50's would only be good to aim at YOU for your wash, assuming you want or need it. The Mega Panel has lots of applications though thanks to the multiple zone stuff.
thanks again Chris

i'm trying NOT to get another stand, truss, etc, as i'm a 1 man operation

yes would be cool, but as is now, i can aim the lights where i want on floor

also, i don't want to spend all my time setting up lights, stands, trusses,
as i do also have to carry, setup my sound system as well :-)

i think i'm liking the idea of 2x Fusion Tri FX, as i can have em on me, the stage for Band,
and later in the night when party gets pumping and dance floor is packed i can turn em to the people on the floor

and i think i will master slave them, so they're in sync

glad i did not jump and buy the MegaBar 50's
and hope these ARE the ones for me

the Fusions are a bit bigger

BUT unlike the Mega Bar 50's they will EASILY mount on my sidearms, perhaps i'll have to drill a center hole

looked at the others Fusions but they did not impress me as did the Tri FX's
Well, here's the deal when I do shows:

Console is 76 channels and in the case with wiring weighs in at 400 pounds. Thank goodness for the EZ-Tilt stand.

Smallest PA I run is 5000-watts(2500/side, active quad-amped). 3-way tops are 75 pounds each. Subs depend on what I'm carrying, but typically the double 15" enclosure is 135 pounds. The amp rack is another 75 pounds. Double that up.

Now there's my power supply at 80 pounds in shock mounted flight case.

My main outboard rack, at over 200 pounds in shock mounted case.
My main FX rack, at 100+ pounds.
My recording rack is around 50 pounds.

So, lugging around some lights don't bug me none. Even a 1-man show can quickly set up 2 stands. You gotta do the work anyways. Trussing takes time.

And we haven't even touched my 56-channel whip or my stage box or bins of goodies!

In your case, I can't see the Mega Bar 50 doing anything worth while for you.

However, the Tri Fusions will be not real great for the band. Pin Spots don't tend to work all that hot for wash lighting.
I don't think the Fusion FX would be a good band or stage light. Dance floor/DJ light? Yup. Used WITH other stuff to project out from the stage onto the floor or walls or ceiling while the band plays? Sure.

You want something with wash capability for the bands. A couple of Mega Panels would do that pretty good for tight spaces. More mounting options than the Mega Bar 50's.

Oh, if I were you I'd still get the Fusions for sure.
2 fusion tri fx now
See how it looks with my setup
Then maybe in future 2 mega panels also on 2 more arms

That's alot of light on 1 stand

On T-bar:
2 revo rave, 1 on each end
1 revo4
1 galaxian 3d

On 1 set of sidearms:
2 fusion tri fx

On 2nd set of sidearms:
2 mega panels

That might look sweet
May take a while to setup
And tons of cabling. :-)

I guess I'll start with fusions
And see....
I try to pre-wire when I can. But with using T-stands, it's not as practical.

With my 8 64 LED Pros, they go 4 to a T-Bar, and they stay mounted on the bar and pre-wired so all they have to do is get lifted up and are good to go.

My Mega Panels stay on a 5-foot section of i-beam trussing and are floor mounted, and stay pre-wired as well.

In your case, I don't see how safe transport would be possible with leaving stuff on the stands.

Don't forget, if your pole is 1.5", why not pole mount a light or two? Nobody said the light has to go on an arm or bar!
With heavy fog, using the Revo 4 aimed UP and/or OUT would be freakin' awesome. That light is MEANT for that type of application. Either mounted LOW or on the floor. Put it BEHIND you and up at a 45-degree or sharper angle and with heavy fog.... sweet!

Lasers also look good aimed UP as well.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.