Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Dude are you like dunking your amps in water or storing them in a damp location?

Because that's the only reason I can think why this is happening to you. I've had my V5000+ for over a year now and I don't see any signs of oxidation or rust on the face or any part of my amp.

Besides I thought they were made of aluminium, that stuff should never rust.

ROQ out.
I know Juan, he lives in the DR (Caribbean). He uses these on alot of mobile "outdoor" parties. I have seen pics of the setup. The metal is corroding from the salt water in the air and the tropical climate. Let me see if I can get someone to send you new plates. Of course you can always remove the faces sand them and spray paint them yourself. But let me see if I can find you some help. BTW, If that's what happens to the case of your gear, imagine what happens to the insides. Juan, maybe you should dry them with a hairdryer or something after the gigs to make sure the electronics don't corode. Other than that I would have to recommend ***** K2's as they are sealed and made for harh environments.
Woahhhhh from seeing that picture, that's pretty extreme. I noticed the huge dust build up on the intake air vents as well. I'd be more concerned with that rather than the rust. Restrictive air flow to your amp will lead those babys heating up and an inevitable death. When was the last time you had them serviced? A good service technician should clean that up for you.

ROQ out
DJ Stevie Ray,

Yeah, i emaled Tom Freret we have been talking, he replied back a few days a go saying that at the parts and services dept they don't have faceplates, and i reply saying if there was any way he can request this part at the amsembly factory, i'm still waiting for his reply, it has been a while maybe 4 days.

I mean theres things that just doesn't fit in my head, how can a Brand has no availble parts for there amps, it not just fans or front bottons but what about the rest. Its like a car manufacture saying it has no doors avaible for there cars!!!!... Roll Eyes Frowner

Juan
Hi It's Tom,

I don't remember receiving the request for getting faceplates from the factory. Last I remember, you were going to put them more of a closed rack and clean them. Also, It might be a good idea to put a fan on them to prevent moisture from building up. If you get new faceplates, they will probably rust again. What about painting the faceplate so there is not metal exposed.

Thanks - Tom
Hi tom, Yeah i sent you an email asking you if there was a way to request the faceplace at the asembly line or factor.And yes its posible to paint them and take the rust away i can agree on that, but what i'm scare is the print out Other than that it can done. I bought a new rack with covers and i got clear car shine paint to spry over the new faceplace, i don't think mostier will get in there and ruin the party again.

So tom i await your reply.
Thanks Again for your time

Juan

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.