Skip to main content

I have two of these strobes that I use. The last time I tried using them with my DMX2 it would do something that would cause my controller to disconnect. I would have to shut down the software and restart it to connect back to the controller.

I have tried two configurations -

1 - connect the stobes normally thru daisy chaining the strobes with the other lights.

2 - Running a separate line out of the DMX distro to the strobes.

Both would cause the controller to disconnect.

Thanks for your help in advance.
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Yeah, definitely try a terminator as it can't hurt anything, but I'm guessing that stray voltage is leaking into the DMX cable and it's causing the interface to reset. When you say all electrical is grounded, have you actually checked with a meter or other tool to make sure polarity is correct, you're getting proper voltage, and that there aren't any open grounds? Assuming all of that is good, try plugging the lights into the DMX interface by themselves without them being plugged into the power and see if you experience the same problem. I can't say I've ever used the MY DMX product, but I own four of these strobes and have never had any issues using them with the three light boards I own. Hopefully it's something simple!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.