Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I have 4 accuspot 250 along with 2 custom dual road cases that I had made for them as well. American DJ should contact they guy that made mine and have them to sell as they are very nice and the guy is in Los Angles. I would not have these fixture without something decent to trasport them in. Plus i rent them out sometimes as well. As for the lights they are great. The heads only turn 360 degrees but that is fine as long as you remember that when programming but every light is a little different when programming anyways. The only problem I have had is the American DJ logos on the moving head all fall off one the unit has been on for a while and gets warm. No big deal just less advertising for them does not hurt the fixture. I would love a few more of these fixture as for the money there is nothing even close to them unless you just want a scanner and not a moving head. The Gobo's they put in this head are pretty good and you can always change them if you want. The colors are fine and the fixture is very bright. I put it next to a power spot 250 and there was not much difference really. Make sure to adjust the lamp and you will notice a big difference as well when it is aligned properly. Let me know if you have anymore questions.
I also have a set of four, they are so good, that I tend to leave my 4 saturns, 3 pocket scans and octobeam at home and only employ the 4 accu spots. I've even gotten good at programing using dmx operator II, did a wedding last week, the colors were white and blue, guess what program the accu spot white and blue. For the money nothing comes close to the performance of these lights. Recommendation only let a train person plug in the xlr cable as I let a 15 year old roady do it and he broke the socket, 12 dollar fix but was I mad. He didn't even have the decency to tell me. I had to find out on my own, when they would not sync up. I have used them as spot light on objects, wedding party entrance into the hall, there is no limits to these lights and you. Buy four but you can get by with three, as I did a four of july gig, using red, white and blue. spot and the fourth one had the white stars moving in a circle. while the red white and blue alternate on the other fixtures.
I have two of the accu spot 250 right now with two in layway which would make the total to 4 when i get them out. The question I have is when I point them to the wall, one is higher than the other slighty, i went back to the store where i bought them and they let me test it with another new one, same problem. Does anyone have this problem with them? I am using the DMX operator 2, they let me exchange the lights with 2 other ones after i spent 1 hour testing them and still could not correct the problem. In your previous post you said you will notice a big difference when you adjust the lamp,what do you mean by that? These lights do not do a continues 360 with the dmx operator 2, But at a music store where they have them setup they do it with the NSI DMX board,anyone know why?
Read the Manual and it will explain how to focus the lamp. As for these fixtures the only do a complete 360 no more the will start and an endpoint and end on the opisite side of this end point.
Are you inverting the pan and tilt on one of the fixtures. This has been the only place i have noticed the angle of the fixtures to be a little off. Also are you sure the are the exact same distance from each point and at the same angle as this could make a big diffrence as well. This is not that big od a deal as no one would ever notice and id you need it to be exact go into the fine mode and move one a little.
As for not being able to do a 360 on the DMX operator 2 that seem like an operator error as i have done is on the operator 1 and the SD2. I would reccomend the purcahse of a SD2 for this type of fixture as well. Just easier to use all the functions.
I can get it to go to 360 with the dmx operator 2, but it will stop once you have done the 360 and you have to go back the other way. At Hermes Music in McAllen TX, they have a accu spot up in the truss controlled by a NSI controller, the tech there was able to get the light to go 360 over and over fast without a stopping point, The light was able to 360 continues without a stopping point. A american DJ tech told me that it was possible but that you would have to remove a sensor in the light that would let go 360 continues without a stop point, he also stated that this would void the warranty but that certain controllers would allow you to do that. I know that light can do a 360 around and then stop and you have to go back the other way for another 360, but they had the light going 360 continues and it looked really cool to see it do that. As for the lamp adjust do you mean adjust the focus on the accu spot or the actual lamp, also there is a delay on the lamp, what does that do?
i would not recomend taking the sensor out as the wires in the unit are not ment to do more than 360 in the fixture. I think the fixture u saw that they showed you may have been the djspot150 as i believe it does more than 360. not doing more that 360 will no hinder you really just program your show and u will make it look great..
By focus the the lamp i mean yes the Lamp there is some screw on the back of the Head you use to ajust the lamp or optimize the lamp and it will make the fixture alot brighter if optimized correctly.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.