Skip to main content

I have mightyscans and want to upgrade.The thing is I love my scans and am worried I'll lose some of the features with the new lights I'm looking at.For example the activescans are 8bit same as mightys but don't have pan/tilt speed fader.I have to use the speed fader or the mightys are choppy.Does anybody know how smooth the slow pan and tilt is on the actives is?In the video they only show fast movement.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I had the Mighty Scans and now have upgraded to the Active Scans. First of all they are SUPER BRIGHT. The glass gobo is also very cool when slowely rotating. The mirror movement is very smooth compared to the Mighty's as well. The only downside to the Active Scans are less gobos and slower gobo changes. However the pros outweigh the cons when considering the upgrade.
My only real concern is how smooth the mirror movement will be at very slow speeds.I always made very slow scene transitions because I think this looks more professional.It's just hard to belive that a fixture with 8bit can be as smooth without a pan and tilt speed fader.Oh,by the way I'm using a showdesigner.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.