Skip to main content

Just received 2 300's we ordered from Guitar Center (trust me, I didn't pay retail). When I was setting them up and focusing the two fixtures, I noticed that on all colors, including white, there was a slight variance in each color between the 2 lights. This is a deal breaker for me and we will have to send them back and get them replaced. Is there anything I can do first to see if it has something to do with the bulb alignment or some other adjustment I can make to fix this problem? Is this something that happens often? It's either a bulb issue or color wheel issue, so should I just order new bulbs and color wheels and see which one is bad? Help please, thanks!!!!

Chris
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Welcome to the forums Chris.

One wasn't a demo unit it, was it? As the lamps age, the color temperature changes thus changing the color the light throws through filters. This is why it is a good idea to try and keep all your lights the same age or in matching pairs. If one was a demo with some hours on it, this could be the cause of the issue. Also check the hot spot like jingles said.
Thanks for the fast reponses guys. I bought both units new in box but one was from the store and one was ordered from ADJ. I will try adjusting the hot spots tonight and see if that helps. Ill also check the hour readings on the fixtures to see if one has more than the other. If neither of those work, I guess before sending them back, as I don't know which one is not correct, Ill replace both bulbs with new identical bulbs and see what happens. Thanks again!!

Chris

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.