Skip to main content

I just bought two of these and I am using MY DMX ...I can't seem to get the software to control the lights..anyone wanna let me know? I have used MY DMX for over a year now and have no problems with my chauvet lights..I have dropped the fixture into the channels..it will turn on but just will lamp up..nothing else no control...thanks for your help!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

You don't need a profile set up, that's just to let us humans relate more easily to the light.

It could be that the profiles for it are "not up to spec" possibly. GO through it manually, channel by channel. I bet MyDMX can control them just fine.

How many fixtures in your chain and how long is the total cable feet and are you using DMX cabling?
Thanks for the fast response!

Two Accu Spot 250 II(brand new out of box)..cable that came with it..maybe ten feet...I can turn the color on via MY DMX but nothing else will respond(pan tilt, color wheel)...I am playing around with it..

Just to clarify..no need to mess with the back panels on the lights..just plug in MY DMX, insert fixture and go....
okay played around a little more..I have them both at least operating independatly via My DMX but I can't seem to get it to work ...channel 8 & 16 now just do random patterns..I can't seem to find juts a LAMP ON control in the profile...did somone update it wrong on the latest update?
Hey i resent that i make the profiles. haha. just kidding. but i do make the newer profiles and the accu spot one i have updated. The function if your using 8 ch mode is channel 7 on the spot value of 40-49. hope this helps. but who ever made this profile didnt add a lamp on icon. I'll see if i can fix it for you and send it out by tomm afternoon. but you may have to re enter in a new profile.
Sincerely,
Well, this goes back to some of my original suggestions:

No profile assigned, just plug in and go. See if it responds via the direct commands under MyDMX, not via a profile.

No slam intended for Jingles. I've been a bit "not so impressed" with a lot of the stock profiles for many fixtures. For example, my Chauvet Q-Spot 150's are all PERFECT using my profile, but the ones from ADJ well, to put it politely, I am NOT using them....

Quality control for profiles is really right now going to be tied to active forum users complaining and even better; making their own profiles and sharing them. There are SO many lights out there, it's going to be virtually impossible for ADJ and Elation to get this done on their own. They need OUR help.
MyDMX has a pretty good library of "icons" for gobos. You might have to do a copy of what profile you want to use. If the values are the same for the gobo but the displayed gobo is wrong, that can be changed fairly easily using the profile editor. It could just mean that your fixture was assembled out of order. Are all of them the same? Maybe they had a production run change.

Then again, maybe you can pop out the gobos and put them back in "profile specific" order?

When I had to make profiles for my Q-Spot 150's, I had to start from the bottom up, including adding the gobos. It was a good learning experience.
Hello,
This is not related to Accu Spot 250 II but is related to the direction the posts were headed.
I have some Chauvet Intimidator 1.0 and I noticed the Gobo shapes and colors were different from the profile. I went into the library editor and found similar gobos but I wanted to get the gobos in the program to look like they actually do to make it easier to visualize the design. Is there a way to add custom gobo shapes? I notice they have an .ico extension.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.