Skip to main content

I been using Accu scan 250II for like 1 year now and I cant stand this problem anymore.

I have two scanners. Sometime I usually use with DMX Elation controller to control my lights so they can stay on dancefloor more rather than going everywhere else. So I use Address 01 & 17 to control two lights seperate.

And sometime I just take out DMX cable and set to Music (master) trigger and run it by it self.

But lately, I notice that when I dont have DMX cable plugged in and change setting to Music (Master or Salve) and press Pass...that give me "PASS" but after 1 minute it goes back to DMX address mode (start blinking) and light moves around but only stays within limited scan range. So how can I fix this problem so it stays on Music (master trigger) when I want to. Is there any reset setting I can do or my light have that problem?

Its not only one scan..that problem is happening on both of my scanners.

Thanks
Original Post
Just seeking clarification. I don't have this fixture.

I don't see a "PASS" button, so I apologize for us not being on the same paeg. I have to go with an Accu-Scan 250 manual dated Rev 09-07, and it took forever for it to download by my painfully slow internet connection.

The manual does NOT talk about PASS being displayed. I do know from experience with my Chauvet Q-Spot 150's that when I hit ENTER after making a change(or hit enter without making a change), it shows PASS for a few seconds and the light behaves as it should because that setting is now saved to the configuration area on the fixture. My example was I had to futz with Pan-reverse to get things going the right way, and it turned out I need in fact need to use Pan-Reverse so all lines up properly, especially in MyDMX.

Again, assuming based on my example fixture, since the fixture is software defined/controlled, that making a change doesn't require a restart/power cycling, unlike a fixture such as my ADJ Color Fusions. The Color Fusions use DIP switches for configuration. The manual doesn't talk well about this, but by posting for help on here, I learned that if I make a change, I should ideally do that in the power off position, then power up. Regardless, changes require a power cycling for those types of fixtures.

Also, how is your sound sensitivity? Way up? Down? Middle? Not sure how this is affecting anything in a bad way, but it's one more thing to check.

I know this hasn't been super helpful. Just make sure you're going into sound active mode and hit enter. If its not saving, contact tech support to see if they've seen this before. I find it odd that they are both doing it. When you call support, have both fixtures on and nearby. They may want to have you check some things and that would require you being there. Things like firmware revisions, serial numbers.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.