Skip to main content

Hello I just got 2 ADJ LED 64 par can and an Elation DMX operator but I am taking the dmx op back to the store and later on get a pc base dmx software when I get the $$$. Untell I get dmx software I need to know can I link the 2 ADJ LED 64 par can together so both do the same thing in sound active mode. I can’t find anything about this in the manual

All so I need to know can I use xlr mix cable as dmx cable as I have lot of mic cable all ready.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

actually my bad i thought they might have master and slave operation. but they don't if i were u i would choose either auto or RGB modes. those might suit you a lil better. but keep in mind since u are getting rid o ur controller you are losing most control over this light. also about compuware you wil have to contact your local adj/elation dealer for more info. peace! jingles. anything else??
I really don't recommend using standard XLR cabling for DMX. DMX works much better using 120-ohm cabling as opposed to the 600-ohm cabling you're using for microphones. You'll get better reliability and performance.

Then again, I am running my DMX down 200 feet of 600-ohm cable down my main audio whip and it works just fine, not to mention all the other microphone cabling that goes on after that(up to another 100 feet maybe?). However, I am getting/building my own DMX cabling to my specifications soon. My suggestion: good labelling! Don't mix and match, you'll lose some of your top end using the 120-ohm cabling for microphones.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.