Skip to main content

I'm trying to use a Launchpad mini as a MIDI controller for MyDMX 2.1. When I right click on a scene I see the options to make Keyboard and MIDI shortcuts but I can't click on Create MIDI shortcut because it is grayed out. The option to create a keyboard shortcut is there and it works but not MIDI. I've only previously used this Launchpad mini with Ableton to make music on this same laptop, so I know the drivers are installed.  I'm using a 2013 Macbook Pro with High Sierra. I tried checking for updates but I don't see any for the software. Am I missing something that needs to be done to get MIDI working with this Launchpad mini?

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I should also note that I am using the MyDMX Buddy.  When I look at the product description page I see "Out of the package, myDMX 2.0 software will run in limited mode; 256 "Live" DMX channels & 12 "Stand Alone" DMX channels (No 3D visualizer, Easy Remote or Midi features). However, these features plus other upgrades, including additional Live & Stand Alone channels can be purchased at https://store.dmxsoft.com/ . "

When I go to the dmxsoft website I don't see anywhere to purchase the MIDI features.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.