Skip to main content

mapping by icebrkr, taken from this thread:
http://forums.americandj.com/e...7105965/m/4700003306

Here's a version of my Virtual DJ 6 (I haven't really tested it in 7) mappings for the VMS4. Everything seems to work just fine with exception to the crossfader vs. headphone cue/mix volume. All the controls seem to work just fine between the controller and VDJ. the PFL lights are still out of sync since the VMS4 maintains state of the PFL (most likely a firmware thing like before). Once you're used to the PFL (cue/mix) behavior isn't not too terribly bad (unless you're a 'handsoff PC' type of person).

VMS4 Mappings
quote:
Originally posted by DjAzDeck:
Hello To All!!! I have my new VMS4 and i have also kontrol X1 From NI!!!

congratulation Smiler

quote:
Can someone post-upload the same TSI. file with the new VMS4 Traktor LE Version??

that's not possible because neither is the new traktor vms released nor its ME version ("manufacturer edition", slightly different from the normal LE versions), therefore there are no tsi's available.
So, I've gotten W.A.R.Z. mapping to work and it works with the my 'style' of using my old controller. The one thing I'm missing is having an option to toggle 'Nudge' and 'Scratch' modes for the jog-wheels (ala VDJ). I dislike using the pitch-bend +/- buttons as they're too slow.. I'd like to use the jog wheels to speed up/slow down to beat-match. Suggestions? Walk throughs? Help? anyone? LOL!! Smiler
Whats up fellow DJ's!

Thought I'd share and post the mapping I've been using since I've had my VMS4 (Purchased October 2010)

For starters, this mapping has changed since the released of Traktor Pro 2, the mapping is close to what I witnessed at the Namm show. So that means the "Pause" buttons switches your decks A/C and B/D. But I wanted to make a mapping that uses the sample decks, and this is what I have so far (It's got pretty good workflow). Yes, your Hotcues in Decks C/D, double as the play buttons for your sample decks by lighting up "blue" to let you know your using the sample decks (thanks to Flomacs LED mapping). And yes, when you switch back to Track decks they go back to Hotcues. I'll be updating this mapping soon to set Decks A and B to be programmed the same.

http://www.4shared.com/file/qV..._SampDeckCD_Map.html

BTW, where can I find the list for what was updated in the 3.11 firmware update? I saw it somewhere on this forum but I did a search and can't find it.
Hi all!
First post here...
I own a vms4 since few months, and I use it with mixxx since I own it(works great, but my set up on linux prevent me from traktor...)
Since I had a windows os installed on my pc, I tried to make it work with traktor pro 2.
And the night mare begins.
I just succeed in make the ;tsi file work with traktor (work great, except for browsing files), but the audio config' drives me crazy.

Here's the setup :
Traktor pro 2: 4 deck mode
Asio : The american audio driver provided with the controler
VMS4 : 8 channel mod

Here's what I've tried :
Output routing
Deck A 0-1
Deck B 2-3
Deck C 4-5
Deck D 6-7

The result is that I have a complete anbd work sound output, but just for my headphones, and nothing comes out of the master output...
Did I miss something, or is it "normal" (as far as it can be normal to have this issue...)

I need help cause I plan to play with it in a party next week...

Regards
Thanks for the quick reply. In fact, I just forgot to click on "Audio routing" when I imported the .tsi file...
Shame on me :$

But now, i have another problem linked to the recording function.

I did a few test before restarting my weekly podcast, and I heard that the prelistened tracks are recorded as if the fader volume of the cued tracks were at the maximum volume. Weird... and very annoying. I still don't understand why, and it makes me mad to hear this...

Is it due to my audio routing configuration or to an hardware issue...
I guess I have to switch to external mixer for recording. Am I wrong?
Please, I need some help with my VMS4!

I have attached below the TSI file, the one I use for Traktor Pro 2 with four decks. It is well mapped, but I want to change the commands for the browser (browse the playlist and option to load the decks).
I personally do not use effects, so I will not need it and I keep control buttons for browser options.

Effects zones - left side (is marked with red in photo)

1. when I press the ON / OFF button I want to Maximize Browser
2. when I turn right or left the SELECT button, navigating through the list on the left. And also wen i press it to open folders
3. When I turn right or left SELECT button from SAMPLE area, navigate thorugh the playlist on the right.
4. the PLAY and REC buttons from SAMPLE area: LOAD tracks in to decks.

Someone.. The TSI file Please help me! Photo
Last edited by Former Member
Hi all, I'm a newby to DJing and just got my VMS4 last week and loving it. None of the so mentioned in this forum headphone or low audio output occured on my device, all works great. And over athe the German forum section I found a great Traktor 4 decks mapping from DJ Deny Tiger with all LEDS working except some colours not mapped equally but all working. Also you can browse your folders with the jog wheel which is nice.
Only thing I altered in his/her mapping is I changed the effects mappings which I didn't like.

Cheers from Sydney and happy practicing.
quote:
Originally posted by Jammerizer:
Hi all, I'm a newby to DJing and just got my VMS4 last week and loving it. None of the so mentioned in this forum headphone or low audio output occured on my device, all works great. And over athe the German forum section I found a great Traktor 4 decks mapping from DJ Deny Tiger with all LEDS working except some colours not mapped equally but all working. Also you can browse your folders with the jog wheel which is nice.
Only thing I altered in his/her mapping is I changed the effects mappings which I didn't like.

Cheers from Sydney and happy practicing.

Thanks for the info! Can you provide links??
quote:
Originally posted by djslipside:
Why is it taking them so long to give us a Traktor mapping file for Traktor Pro 2? Is it because they are waiting for the actual US release of VMS4 Traktor so they can force us to buy that one?

The Traktor version of the VMS4 is out in the US now and still they haven't updated the mapping files for Traktor Pro 2. A couple of months ago I contacted tech support and they said they were days away from releasing an official updated Traktor mapping that we could use. But still no. This is very dissappointing. Also for those of us that use Traktor, they should sell an overlay that we can physically put on our vms4 with the traktor names for the buttons and knobs.
Hi guys,
Just wanted to thank kendo for his awesome tsi, I use it all the time. I was wondering if anybody could give me some help adding an akai lpd8 to it for the sample decks....I've tried and I'm running into modifier problems I think. Any help would be awesome. Thanks again.
I really need some help. I am running Traktor Duo on my Macbook Pro with my VMS4. Every mapping tsi file that i import will not bring up the commands. Traktor is recognizing my vms4 but the mapping will not work. Do you have a solution, i have a gig in a month and do not want to have to send back my vms4 due to a mapping issue.

Thank you,
So i've imported many of these tsi files, but i can't get rid of the feature where channel one controls the overall volume of the tracks. I also cannot listen to any individual deck unless it is playing over speakers. Please help me out here i really just want the mixer and headphone cues to work like they do in vdj
Hi, I am running Traktor Scratch Pro with my VMS4 and used the mapping from the vms4 website. All of it mapped correctly except my crossfader and pitch controls which do not work from my controller at all. Can anybody help me with this, these are two essential buttons i need for mixing.

Also, I hear that they just released a VMS4.1 that will be more compatible with Traktor. As a purchaser of the VMS4 just a month ago, I am kind of upset they already have an update for something I just purchased so soon. Is there a way to trade my VMS4 for a VMS4.1??

Thanks!
Thanks K3nndo! I haven't been on in a while, but I figured it out. Thats exactly what it was. For those of you thinking about getting an lpd8 to use with the VMS4...its a good buy.

BTW..Im quiet on these forums, but I really appreciate the info on the VMS4. Thanks to all who have spent sooo much time working on ways to better the controller mappings. Especially Dj Freshfluke who always has an answer.
Oh I don't mean to bother everybody again, but I have a mapping question. I'm experimenting with some mappings, and had a question about mapping my jog wheels.

I'm mapping them to control d/w + effect 2, and was wondering if anybody else has successfully used a modifier to do this...and if so can i use their tsi file? Wink
quote:
Originally posted by Dj RocK3t:
All of it mapped correctly except my crossfader and pitch controls which do not work from my controller at all.

you cant use traktors internal crossfader, since with traktor scratch you'll be in external mixing mode Wink
so just use the hardware xfader, no need for mapping.

what mapping are you using? you can re-map just the pitch faders in traktor...

quote:
Also, I hear that they just released a VMS4.1 that will be more compatible with Traktor.

it's not more compatible with traktor than the current vms4 - since traktor 2.0.3, there are default mappings for the vms4 installed along.

quote:
Is there a way to trade my VMS4 for a VMS4.1??

nope.
HI all...
I am using traktor pro 2 version 2.6 with the remix decks and i found a mapping on the internet this one : http://www.traktorbible.com/fr...pingview.aspx?id=111

This guy uses the pause button to change decks from A/C and B/D and i cant figure out how he does it.
I wanna change decks the same way and i wanna remap the buttons for the deck C and D when it changes to trigger the remix decks...I just cant find a way to figure how he does it and connects some modifiers and commands...If anyone knows anything pliz help me !
TY
ok, that's not something i can answer in two sentences... but...

if you look at the mapping, seek the command for play/pause, then sort the list for the respective button value.

then you can see all controls that are assigned to this button and this will make you understand how this works in general and you'll be able to replicate.

if not, get back at me!
I hope i am in the right thread (my first post)
I am a proud owner of an vms 4.1 and am working on my own traktor2 pro mapping (i'll upload it when its finished)
i want to remap the mic buttons on the front side to record but i cant "unmap" the mic. And although i do not have a mic plugged in i can hear a noise (rauschen) as soon as the mic is on. The sound is influenced by the knobs next to the mic button.
And the other question i have got is about led mapping...I want to dimm the leds by turning a knob (dry wet for example) but all i get is led on or off.
I would be very happy about any help that i can get.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.