Skip to main content

new mappings are in the making and will be upped as soon as ready

Traktor Scratch Pro Mapping from Djane Freshfluke added in the DL section
This is a mapping for Traktor DVS Users in combination with Audio 8 as external soundcard
Check the included PDF for further details!
Freshfluke's VMS4 & TSP mapping

Traktor Pro mapping (no DVS version) from Djane Freshfluke added in the DL section
Check the included PDF for further details!
Freshfluke's VMS4 mapping (no DVS)

Mapping from user W.A.R.Z
Traktor Mapping from User Warz

New mapping added from user Rynaldo V. 1.1
http://forums.americandj.com/e...27105965/m/408102896
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by HartmutADJEU:

Thank you.

Are the new mappings for the VDJ or Traktor Pro PC/MAC.

There is a problem for the AA guys, I think the mapping won't change the fault with midlog 2 also controlling master volume, so you can't use it as a mixer.

I have mapped midlog1 + midlog4 to work around but now have a problem with the cue.

TBH if can't be fixed on a Mac or with Traktor Pro can you say, so at least I can take it down and set up my old system, I can see this going on for another 3/4 months.
quote:
Originally posted by MisterC:
quote:

Thank you.

There is a problem for the AA guys, I think the mapping won't change the fault with midlog 2 also controlling master volume, so you can't use it as a mixer.

I have mapped midlog1 + midlog4 to work around but now have a problem with the cue.

TBH if can't be fixed on a Mac or with Traktor Pro can you say, so at least I can take it down and set up my old system, I can see this going on for another 3/4 months.

MisterC read the name of the post "VMS4 traktor mappings",hehe :P
quote:
Originally posted by W.A.R.Z:
quote:
quote:

Thank you.

MisterC read the name of the post "VMS4 traktor mappings",hehe :P

Many thanks for pointing this out bro lol, what it doesn't say though is will the new mappings sort out the cue problems with 4 decs in Traktor, they have taken off the Traktor Pro tsi files now though.
If the cue problems can't be fixed with mapping then maybe the firmware update clears it?

There doing a great job to be honest in a short time however you just don't know what they trying to do as they don't sat hence the questions.
THIS IS MY MAPPING AND FINISHED

good people and I have finished my setup for 4 decks in traktor, now it is completely manageable with four decks, fx, loops etc., I found the solution as follows, in the front panel switches (formerly selector of crosfader, I mapped the selector is left to the deck A CH1 and CH2 for Deck C,, and the right side is the DECK B CH3 and CH4 the DECK D,, everything is mapped to handle 4 decks with 2 sections (left and right) of the VMS4. then the second thing that I've done is I've only mapped four hotkeys for channel (I'm not going to use more so that's why I did so) to each channel has its own color of hotkeys, I hope that more than one person thank me,,and thanks to jungle_brother for the assing channel idea

here you have the link
[url=http://www25.zippyshare.com/v/97344798/file.html]

PD: remember before load the mapping put the vms4 in postmixer & 8 out ,,and this mapping and audio setup is for work in traktor external mixer
Last edited by Former Member
Great news WARZ!
I'm currently on vacation so don't have time to look at it.
I'm very curious to know how you figured the crossfader assign midi signals out, and will check the tsi file when i'm back.

One thing I would like to ask you:
You say you have the left side for decks a and c and the right side for b and d.
What if you want to use deck b and c, did you also figure out to switch the sides?As now deck b is on the right side and deck c on the left side reading from you post.
quote:
Originally posted by Jungle_Brothah:
Great news WARZ!
I'm currently on vacation so don't have time to look at it.
I'm very curious to know how you figured the crossfader assign midi signals out, and will check the tsi file when i'm back.

One thing I would like to ask you:
You say you have the left side for decks a and c and the right side for b and d.
What if you want to use deck b and c, did you also figure out to switch the sides?As now deck b is on the right side and deck c on the left side reading from you post.

i put to modificators one for a/C and one for B/D ,,changing selector
selector of thee left is for A/C and de RIght for B/D
I will explain better if you use the deck "A" put the left in the channel mapper a channel 1 if you want to use the "C" put the left in the channel mapper 2,,, if you use the deck "B" put the right Mapper on channel 3 and if you want to use the "D" put the right mapper on Channel 4, I have done so because "A" and "C" are left wing and "B" and "D" right wing, not jungle_brother is because they see your rare or curious in Spain is the usual way and for my is the best mapping to work fine

I've never really used the crossfader only my faders so I do not care if the crossfader is not working well because I only use the 4 faders so my style (minimal, techno, tech-house, vocal house) I will not let you scratch least, this is a configuration for djing these styles, if you want to scratch will still have to find another mine mapping or modify

pd: Each channel also has its own channel mapping purposes, now has four effects channels, instead of the 2 channels that are configured by default
quote:
Originally posted by naysiploos:
many thanks W.A.R.Z for the mapping!
i have set the four decks to work but i can't figure out how to control decks C and D. Is there a modifier button?
same with the effects 3 and 4.

you see your really down configuration and setup wizard,, import and export,,, click on import,,, and check all the options, mapping, audio, etc, this should work, to choose a deck just press the monitor button cue its channel, the fx each channel has an own
I only really need 2 channels but I'd like to be able to set 8 cue points, sync them, and use all traktors effects. Freshfluke's map isn't too bad (although I found cue and play the wrong way round?) but it's not 100% perfect I've found.

Also, I have a crossfader issue... if i assign c2 on left and c3 on the right; c2 stays on no matter which side I slide it?... ideas?

Cheersss Smiler
hi hardwirded,
please find below the answer from freshluke, which see has send me via email. She will register soon and participate in this forum.

quote from freshfluke:

I only really need 2 channels but I'd like to be able to set 8 cue points, sync them, and use all traktors effects.

=> if you're brave enough Smiler

* open preferences > controller manager
* select the vms mapping from the dropdown list "device" on the top
* search for entries "Select/Set=Store Hotcue" (click on headline of the table to sort alphabetically)
* select one of those that have the assignment "Deck C"
* now change the assignment to "Deck A" via the dropdown in the lower part of the window
* now change "Set to Value" to "Hotcue 5"
* close the prefences. shift+hotcue 1 should now jump to hotcue 5
* open the prefences and change the other deck c (and deck d,
respectively) hotcues like described to the other values (6,7,8)

cue and play the wrong way round?

in traktor, the play button is on the left. i found it confusing to have that order changed on the hardware, although easily possible:

* controller manager again
* select "Cue" with assignment "Deck A"
* click on LEARN
* press the button that has CUE printed on it. the value should now change to another note
* disengage LEARN by clicking on it again

* now find "Play/Pause" for Deck A
* click LEARN
* press the button on the VMS with the play sign (>Wink, the value of the note should change now
* disengage the LEARN button by clicking on it
* close the prefs and check if it's working as expected.
* repeat accordingly for deck b.

NOTE: this is a quick and dirty solution, since deck c and d controls are still functional. if you really dont need deck c and d you might want to delete every entry assigned to deck c and d.

NOTE 2: the outputs, i.e. lights are working inversed now. ean golden wrote on djtechtools.com a comprehensive guide how to map the LEDs in traktor. have a read and see if you manage to change the lights now by yourself.

NOTE 3: always export a working mapping via the export button and save it with another name!!!

NOTE 4: yes, it's easy to screw things up, so act carefully!!! Wink

when i come back to germany, i will create a more advanced mapping that will have all 8 cue points and added functionality/versatility.

this one was meant to be basic and easy to memorize. Smiler

Also, I have a crossfader issue... if i assign c2 on left and c3 on the right; c2 stays on no matter which side I slide it?... ideas?

preferences > output routing > mixing mode on internal? set it to EXTERNAL!
Have you tried these mappings fond on the http://www.adjaudio.com website?

Traktor Duo 1.2.5 Midi Command File (zip)

Traktor Pro Midi Command File (Zip)

I haven't tried them my self as I got frustrated after 6 days and boxed it backup, have it the trunk of my car read to return.

I got it a lower than the MSRP, so if any one wants it let me know!

quote:
hi hardwirded,
please find below the answer from freshluke, which see has send me via email. She will register soon and participate in this forum.

quote from freshfluke:

I only really need 2 channels but I'd like to be able to set 8 cue points, sync them, and use all traktors effects.

=> if you're brave enough Smiler

* open preferences > controller manager
* select the vms mapping from the dropdown list "device" on the top
* search for entries "Select/Set=Store Hotcue" (click on headline of the table to sort alphabetically)
* select one of those that have the assignment "Deck C"
* now change the assignment to "Deck A" via the dropdown in the lower part of the window
* now change "Set to Value" to "Hotcue 5"
* close the prefences. shift+hotcue 1 should now jump to hotcue 5
* open the prefences and change the other deck c (and deck d,
respectively) hotcues like described to the other values (6,7,8)

cue and play the wrong way round?

in traktor, the play button is on the left. i found it confusing to have that order changed on the hardware, although easily possible:

* controller manager again
* select "Cue" with assignment "Deck A"
* click on LEARN
* press the button that has CUE printed on it. the value should now change to another note
* disengage LEARN by clicking on it again

* now find "Play/Pause" for Deck A
* click LEARN
* press the button on the VMS with the play sign (>Wink, the value of the note should change now
* disengage the LEARN button by clicking on it
* close the prefs and check if it's working as expected.
* repeat accordingly for deck b.

NOTE: this is a quick and dirty solution, since deck c and d controls are still functional. if you really dont need deck c and d you might want to delete every entry assigned to deck c and d.

NOTE 2: the outputs, i.e. lights are working inversed now. ean golden wrote on djtechtools.com a comprehensive guide how to map the LEDs in traktor. have a read and see if you manage to change the lights now by yourself.

NOTE 3: always export a working mapping via the export button and save it with another name!!!

NOTE 4: yes, it's easy to screw things up, so act carefully!!! Wink

when i come back to germany, i will create a more advanced mapping that will have all 8 cue points and added functionality/versatility.

this one was meant to be basic and easy to memorize. Smiler

preferences > output routing > mixing mode on internal? set it to EXTERNAL!
En español:
Bueno, por fin hoy he recibido mi vms4... Alegría Big Grin !!! Seguida de una gran decepción Eeker .
He probado todos los archivos mapping y la mayoría de los controles son inservibles.
Estoy haciendo algo mal o es así? Confused
Ayuda!!!

In english:
Well, finally today I received my VMS4 ... Joy Big Grin ! Followed by a big disappointment Eeker .
I tried all the mapping files and most controls are useless.
I'm doing something wrong or is it? Confused
Help!
Hey, i have recently downloaded fresh fluke's 4 deck Traktor Pro mapping. I works much better than the original map but I've got a couple of small issues...

1. The shift buttons used to switch between decks have to be permanently held to gain control of decks C and D. I've tried to locate the button in controller manager but can't seem to find it. I assume they're meant to switch between the decks as a toggle rather than only when held down.

2. For some reason when the jogwheel is in scratch mode it stops the tempo fader from working..?

any ideas?

Thanks!
quote:
Originally posted by Rynaldo:
I also posted a four deck mapping here now, so there are now options enough for Traktor pro to get you headstarted and optimise your own tsi settings for optimal use.

Hi there I like your mapping idea, however I have a weird preoblem with it.

I see that to get around the non toggling SHIFT button (ADJ Please fix this in the next firmware it's really irritating) you mapped the SYNC to change decks with modifiers.

Ther problem i have is that if i press the button quickly it slows the music down, and if i use it normally i get a very strange glitch in the sound.

I tested it both on my big rig and the laptop also using the NI-A4

I use windows 7x64 not MAC

Have you seen this issue? Does anyone else have the same issue ?

EDIT......

I found your reply ....

I noticed it as well now. That is the Send Monitor State function (updates all led's for e.g. hot cue's and so one) which causes that. That function is a bit buggy (found it on a forum stating it creates clicks and pops).
quote:
quote:

Thank you.

This is Comical your problem is that you are using the VMS4 as your default sound device, as a WDM device so its routing your sound to the 1st set of audio channels this is the reason why you need asio drivers on PC's.

This is not a firmware issue this is a PC set up issue check your setting.
Hi Guys, i am very new to mapping etc. In fact this is my very first midi controller. I am having huge problems running it smoothly.

Is there a basic set up i can do. I have tried importing TSI files that have been posted on this but none seem to work even close to what they should do.

The AA instructions for a Mac user are utter rubbish and i am going out of my head trying to figure it all out. Im very excited about the VMS4, but so far it's the most confusing thing ever.

I am running on an uptodate Mac.
&
Traktor Scratch Pro 1.2.4

Can someone give me step by step instructions please?

I would be eternally greatfull!

My fingers are crossed!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.