Skip to main content

Currently I have a permanent install of 16 cans and 4 movers running through a DMX Operator Pro. Since the controller only has 8 faders for the cans, the guy that installed our lights set them up with 4, 4-channel dimmers spread over 8 DMX channels. In other words, 2 lights per DMX channel.

My question is, can I do this withe MyDMX? We will still have a need to use the DMX Operator Pro, so I don't want to break that functionality by assigning each par can to a separate channel and only having 8 faders to work with during a live show.

Hope this makes sense - I'm still pretty new to this DMX stuff.

Thanks,
Brad
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by Jingles:
Well my dmx will not get any feature upgrades or new features added. The program will get version updates with bug fixes etc but not any new features.
Sincerely,

Do you mean ever? As in they have stopped development of this app? If so, why would they do that? This is a great little app, but there is so much more that could be done with it.
Yup. I'm not saying you'll never get a newer version past April 2010. It is still being worked on for performance and bug fixes. But let me ask you this. Did you really buy my dmx with the thought that hey this is nice. They will probably add a ton of more features to this software down the line and for free? Because it cost money that has to be paid to R&D, the actual developers. With the price point of my dmx you can't expect high end features. There are already a lot of cool features that blow away ANY dmx light board and some other software's at this price point on the market today. So while I agree that this app has a lot of potential and could be so much more but the simple fact is it won't be. But that's not so bad considering you have the software. You love it. You use it. So what's the big deal really if a few feature updates aren't added. It's not taking away anything you can do currently with the program. Also if you want more features and function the next logical step is to go compu live or compu show.
Any questions let me know. Sorry for the rant. Smiler
Sincerely,
quote:
But let me ask you this. Did you really buy my dmx with the thought that hey this is nice. They will probably add a ton of more features to this software down the line and for free?

Absolutely not. I have no problem paying for upgrades. But your earlier comment that "The program will get version updates with bug fixes etc but not any new features.", is usually an indication that an app has reached the end of its lifecycle. And I don't expect the same feature set that one would find in an application costing 3 to 4 times as much as this. But while navigating the learning curve with this app, I found a few areas that could be vastly improved with a few tweaks here and there.

Quite frankly, I am amazed at the capabilities of this app considering its price-point.

-BRad

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.