Skip to main content

Reply to "X-Scan - COMMON PROBLEM?"

Cheers.

At the moment I'm a little dissapointed that ADJ are claiming 40k hours for these fixtures and after reading another thread have seen others are getting similar issues, it appears they do 400-500 hours then die.

Maybe this is something that has been resolved with the new plus model. But still I paid good money for these lights, I chose them over Martin scanners because of the 40k hours rating, as its more cost effective that changing bulbs all the time. Yes I understand ware and tear, but they are not abused, they are packed well in the van in original packaginf during transport, i'd be expecting a good 3-4 years service from them, and I've had 3 die, 1 after 3 months, 1 about 2 months later, and the other last night (this was actually the replacement for the first one, so has done 3 months less service than the others).

I live in the UK, so obviously I have to deal with my local retailer, If the new plus model is a fix for a known fault that ADJ have picked up on, are they going to compensate owners of the original x scans with the improved model? I can't afford to spend £1000 each year on scanners.

I'm guessing the replacement LED is probably as much as a new scanner.

Would I also be right in thinking the DJ scan is the halogen equivelent of the X scan, maybe I'm better off with these?