Skip to main content

Reply to "Won’t connect after last app update"

Meh...I did that and it solved the "Waiting for device...." issue.  But this product is severely flawed.  It randomly disconnects fixtures, then you need to re-add the fixture or change the fixture address. Then you need to update all your presets because the fixture is "newly" added.  Sometimes presets simply disappear. ADJ tech support has been gracious in their recommendations, but quite frankly, this seldom helps. I've tried all the internet recommendations (and there are many, many people online bemoaning the same exact issues).

I've tried a myriad of things including setting up the access point in the wifi connection. I initially used my Donner wireless transmitter and receivers, but they only add pain to the misery.  So now after being totally wireless with the good old fashioned DMX Operator which worked flawlessly, I have to go back to 50' cables between trees as well as hard wiring the interface to the fixtures if I use the GO. Yes...programming the MYDMXGO is wonderful.  So much easier and quicker.  But that benefit quickly evaporates if you're bogged down either, closing then reopening the app, refreshing the wifi connection or adding and reprogramming fixtures that randomly cease communicating.  And just when you think you've found  workaround to a bug, next time around your band aid doesn't work.  It's just frustrating as hell that this product has so, so many bugs.  Worst is that ADJ has been my go to lighting for the past 15 years and I've never, ever had any issues. 

If I wasn't already past the return/refund threshold, this POS would be going back in a heartbeat.  I'm going back to my Operator. I'd thought about selling the GO on CL but I don't wanna screw anybody.  ADJ, you've really, really missed the boat here.