Skip to main content

Reply to "Wireless DMX?"

Well, on the topic of the splitters:

If I were to use wireless, and I currently do have an Elation OptoBranch/4, I'd want to:

Buy another(well, I want to do this anyways, they rock!)

But, send my wireless DMX signal from splitter A near me, to splitter B on stage, then go wired from there.

Just another example.

I've made sure that even though I'm not recommending the Chauvet product for my own uses, I'm using a logical argument for why it would not be an option I would choose for my own personal usage.

At the same time, I'm not choosing the Elation wireless product for my own usage based in an entirely different(but related) set of parameters, but at the same time, based on my busines model and knowledge of the product. But, since int operatates in the 2.4Ghz band, there are allowances in that band for frequency shifting, hopping and changing within the band in order to find usable space.

This does give the Elation solution a serious edge over UFH, which must stay within a very narrow range during the course of operation, and once interference happens, it can be a crap shoot trying to resolve it.

Right now, though, priorities again dictate that even if I were to be offered a trial set, I wouldn't have any decent shows to try them out on, and even if I fell in love with this, I couldn't afford it because the funds are allocated to other projects. Maybe after I get more Elation LED cans, an intercom, some more IEM's, more wireless gear(UHF mics and the like), I might be able to revisit this.