Skip to main content

Reply to "Why do you choose ADJ?"

Granted, you do get what you pay for. But I too am an audio engineer(primarily). Lights are a necessary evil I had to add to remain competitive wiht my lame competion. I'm trying to complete with the local heavies, but I don't have corporate dollars to make that happen.

Sure, you could go all Martins. Great brand, great lights. BUT, you're running a club. What's going on? Nothing as far as movement is concerned. You're not setting, striking and transporting your lights frequently. Why spent a ton? Makes no sense.

Now, if your club is the local night-spot and it's raking in big bucks, then if you see the need, then upgrade and go Elation or Martin.

Me personally, I have to support many many brands of equipment, not just in audio, but in data comm. What my data comm clients like is "one call gets them taken care of" when they call me. While that's not possible for my live sound production company, the fewer numbers, the better.

Chauvet angered me with poor support. Their lower prices with more colors on the color wheel or more gobos left me very cold. I'd rather pay the $20 extra going with ADJ. Why? I can talk to a human live or via electronic means. I rarely need it, but hey, ADJ is standing behind their products. I can't say Chauvet is. They want to blame me for my problems with THEIR lights.