Skip to main content

Reply to "what kind of amp should i get?"

....I totally forgot about the sub out option on the v3000 & 4000. I stated in my post that he would have the option of adding a PASSIVE sub in the future to gain more volume. I don't see the advantage of adding another pair of mid highs to a setup with minimal bottom end. I'm not talking bone crunching massive low end, but just a little warmth down there. I was talking about the sub route because he was talking about micing drums. A lot of times pro sound companies use subs or even full range cabs with the high's knocked out of them for drum monitors.

As far as addressing other brands, I am aware of amdj's policy but look at the diminish in traffic over the past 4 or 5 months. People were getting sick of asking about equipment or what they should do with their current setup and they get bombarded with "switch to an AA amp" or moderators bleaping out posts because they had competators names in them. I do have to admit that the moderators on this forum have eased up quite a bit from when the forum first opened and I respect that. I have owned a v2000 and it served me well. all of the lights in each of my rigs are amdj.

as far as advertising, look at what the traffic used to be on this site half a year ago, now look at it. every time I logged on I would look at amdj ads. thats how i find out about their new stuff, especially if something catches my eye.