Skip to main content

Reply to "what kind of amp should i get?"

Light it up,
He asked for what AMP to get that would give him plenty of Headroom. If you read my post, I told him that he can use the V-3000, and have enough headroom to "add another set of APX's" in the future. Beside's he is going to run everything through his current APX's, as they are his mains. Yes he could add a sub down the road, but that would mean recommending another amp, crossover, ect. I do not know if he is looking at going that far. So again.....IMHO

V-2000plus = Will just get by
V-3000plus = More than enough headroom, and you could run a second set of speakers, if you so desire.
V-4000plus = Could be overkill for one set of APX's, but if you think there is a good chance of running a second pair of speakers off it. This would be your best choice.

BTW...Light It Up, this forum is paid for by American DJ/Audio, and therefore we normally will not recommend competitors and use ADJ/AA money to advertise for other companies. And I am all for a fair comparison. If you don't believe me, do what Roq said, and go to Prodj.com, and look for Bob Dietrich's comparison/review. It was posted here as well at one time.