Skip to main content

Reply to "what kind of amp should i get?"

Light It Up....adding additional speakers to your setup is no ones business but their own. I own a pair APX152s, I was so happy with them I bought another pair and I now run them all happily off my V4000. Bob Deitrich wrote an excellent unbiased review on the AA V series amp vs the ones you mentioned, and the AA amps win hands down in terms of bang-for-buck value and features. I think the review is somewhere here on the forum, just use the search feature for 'V4000'.

I've had my V4000 for 2 years and have never had any problems. I've got heaps of headroom with 4 APXs, I have the option of biamping with a SUB without an external crossover because its built in, it always runs cool and it never distorts. I also have the occasion to run only 2 APXs off it without any problems.

So you see Harry4284 you have more options available to you with a bigger amp. Having that extra power allows for future upgrades with speakers without having to worry about upgrading your amp. Good luck with your decision.

ROQ out.