Skip to main content

Reply to "Wanna learn how to make your own fixture profiles?"

Hi there! I'm trying to create a profile for the Chauvet LEDsplash 86B. After watching your video, I'm able to create the profile and save it, but it doesn't respond in the 3D visualizer. I'm also unable to adjust the size of the object in the visualizer. I tried adjusting the size smaller when I created the profile, but then the objects don't show in the visualizer. They're there - I can select them from the list and the alignment lines show up, I just can't see where they are otherwise and they don't respond to the controls. I'm able to add them to my show and they seem fine there, as far as I can tell. Oh, also, all the dialog messages in the scanlibrary editor are in French, even though I've selected English in the language drop down from the menu bar. It also seems to always be giving me an error when I save. It seems to be a generic one about something not being valid, but I'm not sure, since I don't read a lick of French. When I test the profile before saving it the editor doesn't identify any errors.

Sorry about the rambling nature of this post. I'm a pretty big fan of myDMX, and especially the visualizer, since I don't have room to set up all my lights in my living room to see how my settings look. The big issue here is having that profile work in the visualizer, but getting the dialog messages in English would be nice, too. Thanks, in advance for any help.