Skip to main content

Reply to "VMS4 Traktor Mappings"

hi hardwirded,
please find below the answer from freshluke, which see has send me via email. She will register soon and participate in this forum.

quote from freshfluke:

I only really need 2 channels but I'd like to be able to set 8 cue points, sync them, and use all traktors effects.

=> if you're brave enough Smiler

* open preferences > controller manager
* select the vms mapping from the dropdown list "device" on the top
* search for entries "Select/Set=Store Hotcue" (click on headline of the table to sort alphabetically)
* select one of those that have the assignment "Deck C"
* now change the assignment to "Deck A" via the dropdown in the lower part of the window
* now change "Set to Value" to "Hotcue 5"
* close the prefences. shift+hotcue 1 should now jump to hotcue 5
* open the prefences and change the other deck c (and deck d,
respectively) hotcues like described to the other values (6,7,8)

cue and play the wrong way round?

in traktor, the play button is on the left. i found it confusing to have that order changed on the hardware, although easily possible:

* controller manager again
* select "Cue" with assignment "Deck A"
* click on LEARN
* press the button that has CUE printed on it. the value should now change to another note
* disengage LEARN by clicking on it again

* now find "Play/Pause" for Deck A
* click LEARN
* press the button on the VMS with the play sign (>Wink, the value of the note should change now
* disengage the LEARN button by clicking on it
* close the prefs and check if it's working as expected.
* repeat accordingly for deck b.

NOTE: this is a quick and dirty solution, since deck c and d controls are still functional. if you really dont need deck c and d you might want to delete every entry assigned to deck c and d.

NOTE 2: the outputs, i.e. lights are working inversed now. ean golden wrote on djtechtools.com a comprehensive guide how to map the LEDs in traktor. have a read and see if you manage to change the lights now by yourself.

NOTE 3: always export a working mapping via the export button and save it with another name!!!

NOTE 4: yes, it's easy to screw things up, so act carefully!!! Wink

when i come back to germany, i will create a more advanced mapping that will have all 8 cue points and added functionality/versatility.

this one was meant to be basic and easy to memorize. Smiler

Also, I have a crossfader issue... if i assign c2 on left and c3 on the right; c2 stays on no matter which side I slide it?... ideas?

preferences > output routing > mixing mode on internal? set it to EXTERNAL!