Skip to main content

Reply to "vms4 mic-inputs question"

First of all, thank you for your reply Smiler.

quote:
Originally posted by Ihearyou(American Audio):
- Are the mic inputs 'advertised' to the OS through USB and usable as mic-input (stream 'output+mic' in vdj)?
I believe the recording and broadcast stream only supports Window base driver. The Asio driver is only for time code support, so to record or steam your sets set the VMS4 to 8out on power up. Open VDJ and open the configuration selected external mixer and 4.1 sound card under sound configuration choose the VMS4 Know that this will also change your audio controls to Channels 1 and 2. Now under Record Select Line in set the device to VMS4 MIDI device. You may need to adjust your latency settings under performance as a base use 512(11 MS).

Just received my vms4 and decided to test this option, but can't seem to get it to work. when I press apply after setting VDJ to external mixer with a 4.1 card, I get an "Error in the sound driver (DirectX/WDM)". Attempts to use it as a 'regular' sound device from windows turn out in my pc telling me the card is in use.
Using Windows 7/x64.

I've tried rerouting the master-out through the pc's line-in and that works; but from what I read above, it shouldn't be neccesary.

Hope you can help me.

Pt