Skip to main content

Reply to "VMS4 - important news (for playing in larger clubs)"

Now too each their own. I have been a VDJ user for about 7 years now, and I find it quite good at what I need from it. To blatently call it Bedroom DJ software, and not "Pro" just because it doesn't fit your needs, is a little off base. I started on 1200's in '88, and moved onto CDJ's around 2000, and went completely VDJ about 3 years ago. I can mix fine with a midi controller, and I run 2 instances. One per computer. You see I am a "professional DJ" and I earn over $1K per gig, I am not a DVS DJ, so VDJ may not be the best DVS, but I can mix music and music videos flawlessly on VDJ, and get paid very well. So please just stop the flaming on VDJ, because if you read the rules, that have been in the "Important Announcements" section of the forum since 2006 (and I just featured in this section as well), we do not allow flaming, of members or products....

Now you are entitled to not like VDJ, but to please refrain from referring to it as "non pro" software, since it is a tool that many professionals use. PS I use a DJM-800 with rotaries, because of the style of mixing I do, but I wouldn't tell a DJ with a TTM-57 that his equipment is not professional, just because it doesn't suit my needs. Get the point?