Skip to main content

Reply to "VMS4 - important news (for playing in larger clubs)"

Hi there Souf, nice to know that the forums are in use. I agree if you are a two deck man then VDJ is okay, however this is marketed as a 4 deck midi solution and the software they will ship isn't capable of 4 decks without some big headaches. This point has been raised by many people on a number of forums, but it falls on deaf ears.

I guess from the information I have from the engineering team, the pre-post EQ discussion promted them to make some changes, it does however mean disabling the analogue EQ and using the computers emulated EQ.

This won't bother me as I connect direct into my master mixer anyway as we do shows with two DJ's battling (8 deck !), i use a Behringer DDM4000 as a master clock and it's brilliant, works first time and more accurate than the EVO5 at €1500 !

I am certainly open minded about this unit, although it seems that "some" of the proposed (read marketing) capabilities have been dropped.#

PS I have just found out that the cracked version of Traktor Scratch Pro 1.2.4 works with any soundcard, we had it running 4 decks with Timecode through a number of external soundcards, so the limitation of Traktor is software crippling ...(NI protecting their hardware sales), I won't be selling my Audio8 just yet, but who knows ?

I will be publishing my .tsi's for TSP if anyone needs them (just as soon as the box arrives !)