Skip to main content

Reply to "VMS4 Fixes for Headphones, Master, and Microphones"

quote:
To put this in perspective for every hundred or so VMS4s out there, maybe 1 customer calls in about the microphone distortion. With the DJs who tested it seemed just fine, and even though the levels were low and some noise seemed to be there, it worked fine wherever they tested.

I find this VERY hard to believe. Granted, I just purchased my unit but I went to 4 different Guitar Center before I purchased mine and every single one of them had the microphone issue. If one out of 100 had the issue, certainly I would have found ONE that worked properly. Yes, I still purchased because the fix is easy... but I am not believing the 1 in a hundred statement for a second.

I am using mine with a Macbook Pro and it works well. Low headphone volume and a slow mouse track are my only other issues.

I would like to see American Audio offer a buyback/upgrade program to the new version. If not, it is possible that you may have a class action suit because the product can not be used without the fix.

Personally, I like this unit. I also got the hard case and it works great as well but the mic issue is a deal breaker for some and the low headphone audio... you just have to make it right.

On a side note... great phone service yesterday from Joel. My adapters are already on their way so says Ernie.