Skip to main content

Reply to "VMS4 Fixes for Headphones, Master, and Microphones"

Elliot

Elliot

I do appreciate how you must be feeling as it is very much your baby - the VMS4 is a cracking unit both to work on and at a very good price. In my posts I have been careful to be factual and in no way personal but as you can tell it has taken so long to get it resolved.

I do understand that once in the position of having a significant number of units in general use it becomes very difficult to provide retrospective solutions with these issues and you rally do have my sympathy - although I wonder how it made it through test trials without these issues being identified. I can't see it being hard to have a few trial/sample units that AA could have loaned to a variety of DJs local to their design centre who could have taken these out on the road or used in club for a couple of months prior to major production being signed off. I'm sure this would have thrown up these issues.

It would be interesting to know how many units have been sold and how many people have reported problems or requested mic transformers/power supplies. It may well be a relatively low number of people that are having problems, but it is difficult for those with the problems who are getting frustrated.

As I said above I loved using my VMS4 as it was well made, well laid out and a real quality feel when working on it - just a shame the unit has some minor issues to work round. Just hope its sorted soon.