Skip to main content

Reply to "VMS4 Fixes for Headphones, Master, and Microphones"

quote:
Originally posted by Ihearyou(American Audio):
quote:
Originally posted by Pupenhausen:
It didn't reset itself, I had to reboot it manually after the unit crashed. I found this fault by accident when packing down my radio mic. I had disconnected the xlr from the VMS4, turned the receiver off from the front, then removed the power adapter. That is when the VMS4 crashes and stopped playing music in VDJ 7 PRO. The buttons become unresponsive and I then have to reboot VDJ and the VMS4. I know it wasn't VDJ which crashed as I am able to select a different soundcard in the config menu and continue playing music. I only have to reboot VDJ to gain function with the VMS4 again

So your Saying that unplugging the XLR on the VMS4, Turning of the Receiver on your MIC caused the VMS4 to become unresponsive? Any one else have this problem when they unplug their MIC. Pupenhausen what type of computer are you using? sounds to me that your computer and the VMS4 loss communication so it could loose audio and or MIDI. Make sure you are using a driver supporting USB(look for the USB icon) if you loose communication between the computer and VMS4. Check your sound setting hit apply, then make sure the VMS4 is your MIDI controller. (VDJ scan for controls, traktor Select the VMS4 dont use all ports)
Nope. I said that after doing all of the above, it happens when I then unplug the PSU of the radio mic. It happens when any PSU from any type of equipment is unplugged on the same mains feed as the VMS4 (conventional OR anti surge mains outlets)The VMS4 must be sensitive to the voltage spike. It 100% isnt a faulty cable. I'm using an ultra high spec Alienware laptop with Windows 7. I am an A/V electronics service engineer/ sound engineer so I have a good idea how to eliminate what is and what isn't causing a fault, it's not drivers or or any other software causing the fault.