Skip to main content

Reply to "Using Multiple lights in FX"

Holy cow, Chris! You've got way too much typing skill to be in the forum! J/K.

None of this has to be all that complicated. Although there's no actual "tap", I've been able to set the lights that have macros or sound active settings to accomplish the same "sorta" effect as tempo tapping. The macros usually have different rates and the sound active patch does just that.

My methods are a bit old school, but as we've discussed here before, with my band I run sound, lights, and play bass on stage. I use a Behringer FCB 1010 to do scene changes, which has turned me into a pedal dancing fool, but it is rather fun to be that busy on stage.

The pedal has 10 banks of 10 patches each, plus 2 expression pedals. I do my best to have programmed everything I can think of by way of bank 1 as set one, bank 2 as set 2, etc. Then I set the expression pedals for a fade to black and an instant blackout since their midi notes stay the same regardless of the bank. These because they are easy to find. One switch (usually #5 because it's bottom row next to the expression pedals) is used as a low level white and copied to each bank, which means it repeats on the user tab grid 10 times. I use that for a little light after a blackout to get everyone set again or have our frontman say a few words.

This may not help in your case, but it's one solution of many, I'm sure.