Skip to main content

Reply to "Using Multiple lights in FX"

One thing that is nice about the nanoKontrol is that it is a USB MIDI device, so you don't need a MIDI interface. I don't know if the BFC2000 needs a MIDI interface. But, for sure, the nanoKontrol is light on needing extras, which is nice and helps facilitate fast set-up and tear downs. But, then again, setting up a MIDI interface and a MIDI cable or two plus the MIDI device doesn't take all that much time either.

I'm not knocking MIDI, I used to use it heavily all the time. I rather miss having my gear set up so it could be used.

Once you start getting more into MyDMX, no doubt you're going to want to find some sort of accessory(or two) to help you add some dynamic elements to your shows. While there are plenty of other controllers out there, it really comes down to what you want to do, vs the cost. For example, a JLCooper CS102(which I also have), costs a good deal of cash, even this many years later, this hardware has retained it's value. But, in comparison, the nanoKontrol costs something like a 16th of the cost, is more compact, seems more reliable and offers more functionality. The CS102 does offer full sized 100mm faders though. Plus, the nanoKontrol is readily available in both black and white. I'm sort of regretting getting it on white as it will clash with the new audio console I'm getting, but hey, it works so that's all that mattters. I also have the nanoKEY and nanoPAD, so I have the whole set. I need to talk to some guys at Skip's Music or Guitar Center to see about some apps to get some things done.