Skip to main content

Reply to "Trouble with flicker on DMX LED lights"

Yes, that does help a lot That price point is fine, although they say they are $39.00 each, not $29.00 when I open the link. That's still a good price however. Do I understand they the individual LEDs are not tri-color, you just have several Red, Green, Blue, and White LEDs in the same case? How far away does the light need to be from it's subject in order to get an even color mix? I assume the closer you get the more you would see individual colors brighter in some areas. Also, I always thought that to get white, you just turn up R,G, and B at the same time to the same intensity. That's how the ones I use now work. No matter, as long as they produce enough lumens to be 15 or 20 feet away, they will be fine.

As seen in my video, I do need there not to be much bleed over from one skeleton to the next. If I want to light just one, I need to be able to do that so that it's noticeable that only that one is being singled out, so I do need more of a spotlight than a floodlight.

I will probably purchase one soon to check it out regardless.

The light that you saw flickering in the first video is a tighter focused spot with a sharp circle, which is the exact effect I want for the extra head that gets lifted up. I use 2, one shining in from each side. Those were the first link for a light that I posted. I was only using white for that spot in this video, but it would need to be able to do colors as well. Do you have anything like that light? Until one that I have breaks down, those are the only two lights I currently have that I have flicker trouble with. Your link gives me a decent replacement for when one of the other lights die, but I still also need to replace those highly focused pin spotlights, similar to something that would be aimed at a mirrorball, maybe a little bigger area. The ones I have throw a fairly small circle even at 20 feet, which is what I want for that spotlight.

Thanks again!