Skip to main content

Reply to "The Future Of MY DMX."

Alright, I have my Hog, costs more then the average person's car. Hog III OS has been out since around 2004. Now, the Hog III OS hasn't really added a lot of features in the 5 or so years it has been out. The current version is 3.0.3, previous was 3.0.2. So basically, 2 major revisions and the minor updates fix bugs mainly. The major revisions generally add new features and/or change key strokes. In fact, I think I am going to go back to 3.0.2 since the new version has been locking up fairly often and actually had my console stop sending DMX commands while I was pre-programing the other day. They also added a key stroke to a command I use all the time. To open the cue list directory, I use to hit 'List, Open'. Now I have to hit 'List, Cue, Open'. Drives me insane.

Now, other programs I use, like WYSIWYG and Vector Works Spotlight, I have to renew my memberships once a year to get updates. These programs generally release major revisions once a year though and the revisions add major features.

Moral of the story, you want constant adding of features, the end client pays for it. You want bug fixes and minor updates/additional features every couple years or so, you don't pay for it. I bought the Hog, knew how much it costs, and wasn't expecting major features to be added once a year. With WYSIWYG and Vector Works, since I pay yearly for those, I expect major updates and overhauls once a year. To expect something as inexpensive as MyDMX to be held to standards beyond a Hog, I am sorry to say, is just plain crazy (no offense).