Skip to main content

Reply to "Sound Quality of the VMS4"

Harmut,

It's not just my needs, it's the needs of everyone that uses it. You chose to reply to one little comment about a rival unit, rather than focus on the REAL issue ! The VMS4 has some serious problems.

Okay you are paid to defend this device, but please don't be condesending, many of the people on these forums could run rings around you in education, background, skill and knowledge.

Those people are having problems with a device you are here to support, these guys are not novices, many are working professional DJ's, studio engineers or artists . so please be a little more respectful.

BTW the VMS4 and the NI "S4" are VERY similar in specifications.

Both 4 channel MIDI mixers, with built in sound, assigable buttons etc.

There's a big difference though, NI's will work with 4 decks as advertised, the VMS4 doesn't without some major upgrades to the software and the user mapping it for themselves.

The pricing is not far off the cost of a VMS4 and the pro software it needs to get it working with 4 decks .. think about what you are saying.

The final price and specs have not been released as yet anyway, but i guess it work like their X1, both as native HID and 20point MIDI.

The VMS4 promised all these things and more (I went to NAMM2010 to veiw this and spoke at length with Tom and a few other people, they all told a different story to the final product.

The delays on this device were to "iron out" all problems before release, however on release we find that the sound output isn't good enough to be used in a decent sized club - big mistake, as this has now become an expensive bedroom DJ unit, it's supposedly aimed at the pro market, where I am sorry to say - you've dropped the ball.

This was your first entry into a very dynaminc and technology rich environment, the controllerists. We make many of our own unit's, we sit for hours programming PIC's and mapping buttons, re-designing fader controls etc. we know what is required from a unit, number 1 is the sound quality, number 2 is functionality, number 2 is reliability.

As I said before, on your next unit, GET IT RIGHT or get out ...

EDIT...
I guess the next posting will be

/ LOCKED Wink
Last edited {1}