Skip to main content

Reply to "Sound Quality of the VMS4"

Mr Elliot Marx.

You say the problem of low output is down to the unit taking power from the 5V USB Bus and not from an external 15V source.

Okay - granted.

It's also said that the unit doesn't perform as well as it could, unless the external power is plugged in.

Again - granted.

So why didn't some bright spark say lets go with the conventional 15V input (as it needs an external PSU anyway) and fix the output issues !

DUH !

So if we loose the PSU before a gig, use the industry standard IEEE plug that everyone else uses, use a low noise sheilded PSU inside the unit - it's not hard to think of these things.

This unit has not been fully thought out, or if it has some major compromises have been made, that affects the most importnat person that comes into contact with it .. i.e. the bleedin' DJ.

Fortunately I managed to send my unit back for refund, but i did loose out £50 for couriers both ways, leaving me with nothing but a bad taste from dealing with your company.

The promises your company made have been far fetched and undelivered, many of the support staff sound condesending to their customers (and without then you'd all be out of work - so remember that !).

This is my first and last purchase from ADJ, now the season is over for the professionals, I'll wait unitl Native Instruments have there controller released at Christmas.

Their launch of the X1 earlier this year went without problems, it worked directly out of the box and has almost no support issues.

Take a leaf from their book and on your next release GET IT RIGHT ... especially the electronics ..